Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 75 CB 750 as a first project bike. I also ordered a manual for it since i don't have one. I thought the bike was air cooled but their seems to be an after market radiator on it. Has anyone ever seen anything like it? I live in the mountains and it is generally cool enough. i don't want it on there if it doesn't need to be.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Oil cooler, probably.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Pics?
I'd say the "radiator" your referring to is most likely a aftermarket oil cooler of some kind.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Don't know if I've ever seen anything like it - very difficult to tell from the picture you didn't post and the description you didn't provide. :) But yeah, that isn't stock.

Do you need it? Short answer is no, not unless you plan to do unusually taxing things to that motor. On the other hand, if someone fit that on the engine, what else did they do? It's entirely plausible that you've got an aftermarket cam or bore kit that could use the extra cooling. Might want to investigate before you rip the radiator off.

A

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the response. I'll take and post a pic tonight. Sorry I am at work and was just surfing, i dind't have a pic with me.

Oil cooler makes more sense. It looks like a radiator of sorts but doesn't have a fill cap or overflow.

Thanks.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Judeyramone, there you go, i filled out a little for you but I must say you screen name subtext makes me a little worried.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Slednecking = Snowmobiles. It's like being a redneck with a sled.

How do I add a picture?

·
Registered
326 Posts
quote:
Slednecking = Snowmobiles. It's like being a redneck with a sled.

How do I add a picture?
Most of the Rednecks around here just ride Quads in the winter(South Central Indiana).

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did read the faq's. I don't get it. can't i just cut and paste? Do i have to have my images up on the web so I can link a url to it?

I want to add my own photo in here, not a website photo?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey Mut, I've got a '76 F model. The forums don't have storage for pictures so you have to upload to any number of free image hosting sites. I am pretty happy with photobucket. After you register you can upload your pictures and then use the "img" (just replace the "" with a []) to post them here. Stop bitching about having to post somewhere else and just do it. It is what it is.

Welcome.

And you may want to fill out your location, that's what people bitch about most on here.

The best kind of justice is angry mob justice.

Edited by - lefty337 on Oct 29 2007 10:52:25 PM

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Upload your pics at photobucket.com, then insert the IMG code between the image tabs (click on the little picture icon with the mountains to get image tabs). Your pictures will show up like magic.

And put a location in your bio. I'm always looking for someone nearby to buy me a pint.

Edited by - judeyramone on Oct 29 2007 10:58:01 PM

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sick, her is the bike, $300

here is what i now think is the oil cooler. Is it removable? How?

And, here is the electrical. There are no coils or wires. I need a new ignition system. If I wanted to just use the kick start, how much of the electrical could I do away with?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Not bad at all for $300.00! You could've done a lot worse. How is the chrome and aluminum on it,along with the rims and exhaust? That's the stuff that can nickel and dime you to death.

The frame,paint,seat etc. can be dealt with with some good old fashion elbow grease,but repairing/replacing pitted/rusted chrome and aluminum parts can get expensive. That's why my Hodaka and my CB200T(future project) gets the "Blacked out" treatment for the most part.

I have found that a little bit of chrome/polished aluminum can go a long way/have a dramatic effect if used correctly.

Edited by - coolatula on Oct 30 2007 08:14:01 AM

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lefty, Thanks for the info.

The title says 75 cb750.

The engine serial # is as follows

And the frame tag is:

I will look at the web site you linked me to but do you have any insight to what it is. I was about to buy a 4 into 1 exhaust that only fits the CB750F. I would hate to but the wrong item.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 38 Posts