Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a racing league hre in Iowa (http://www.miniroadrace.com) that has a class for this cheap little cb125 to race in. I paid $50 for it, and thought it sounded like some awesome cheap fun. I was wondering, if anyone knew of some good websites or what not to get some adjustable rear coils/shocks, clip ons, any kind of engine performacne parts, sprockets etc. I've searched some, but haven't come up with much yet. I wouldn't mind also find a cafe racer rear plastice for it, and some other things. Also, I'm thinking that I wouldn't mind finding a little better more modern carb for it either, and I'll probably be gutting the stock pipe, and getting a good set of tires for it as well...

1975 CB 125
1998 Yamaha R1
2001 CBR600f4i
2006 DRZ400SM

·
Registered
10,540 Posts
oldrice.com has some great old articals on the XL125 hop ups. there is a gerneral and swiss handle on the forum. they race these things.
i think its tighe cams(could have spelled that wrong) is supose to be the go to guy for valves and cams. powell and yoshi dont seem to have much for them any more so you have to wait on ebay for it to come up nos or used.
things like neddle bearing cams, big valve heads, and carbs are out there
im goin racing with my 74. only thing i cant find is and electronic ignition

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The XL is the "dirt bike" Honda right? So I assume that they both use the same engine... Do they use the same sprockets, wheels and what not? I'm thinking that I may leave the engine as is, and get the suspension somewhat dialed in first, and do basic air filter, exhaust, maybe carb if it can be had for real cheap. Is there anything else that I can look for on ebay other than CB125 that parts cross with?

1975 CB 125
1998 Yamaha R1
2001 CBR600f4i
2006 DRZ400SM

·
Registered
10,540 Posts
XL, SL, CL, CB, and TL some older scooter stuff fits. look at 100cc parts too as most everything but the cylinders are the same or close.
gears are easy to find on ebay, 13-18F and 50+-35rears.

There is the right way, the wrong way and the british way to do anything!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So if I find gears for an XL, SL, CL, CB, and/or TL, they should work on the stock hub of the CB?

Also, is the wheels the same pretty much? Wouldn't mind picking up an extra set of wheels, one for race one for street...

I think I've found a local(right here in Des Moines) connection for stuff also. http://www.speedmotoco.com I can get a new bar for $25 and levers with perch for $15 each... I think this little 125 is going to be pretty descent little screamer once I get her all done!

1975 CB 125
1998 Yamaha R1
2001 CBR600f4i
2006 DRZ400SM

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
You do know that Speedmoto Co is Brian's(that started the race series)company right? Yeah, getting stuff from him might not be a bad idea.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been looking for something like this! I'm up in Okoboji but I'll head down for some of this action. Do the bikes need to be titled? I have three but would rather risk the non-titled bike first.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been looking for something like this! I'm up in Okoboji but I'll head down for some of this action. Do the bikes need to be titled? I have three but would rather risk the non-titled bike first.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts