Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is some pics of my 75' CB200T, When I picked her up she started but ran poorly. Here is what was wrong, She wouldn't idle, the electric start would not work, took 5 or more kicks to start, would hesitate at about 5500 rpm Wot. After running for a while would not start up again. So I started by replacing the battery and spark plugs, then the points were re-gapped, oil changed, carbs taken apart and cleaned, timing set. Now it starts first kick and with electric start, she idles at 1300 rpm all day long, the only thing is she hesitates at about 7500 rpm's now. I am going to re-build both carbs and see if that helps. Well after that novel here she is..... well after trying to add a pic for about 15 minutes I give up, some help would be greatly appreciated. Here is a hyperlink from photobucket http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk218/hinorona/?action=view&current=P1000517.jpg
Thanks
Eric

·
Registered
326 Posts
Seems to be quite a few of these coming up on the boards. Not bad considering they were expensive little bikes for what they were,only imported for like three years in the states and Honda didn't sell that many here to boot.

I have one as well,but in very rough shape that's going to get the cafe/road racer look done to it.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
That is not the original front brake caliper. It looks like somebody made an adapter plate to mount the new caliper to. I would check it very carefully for strength and safety before I depended on it. With the K&N type pods on there, the jetting might just be off and the carbs are fine. Usually dirty carb passages show up at idle to 1/4 throttle. I would do a plug chop and see if the mains are too lean. Other than that it looks good except for the clubman bars with stock footpeg location. I would go with either rearsets and clip-ons or stock pegs and drag or superbike bars. It looks uncomfortable the way it is.

Ken

·
Registered
127 Posts
Looks good already! haha. What are your plans for it?
As Far as posting images off of photobucket, there should be four options for different uses that you can copy and past once you've uploaded your photos.Just copy and paste the one that looks something like:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts