Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just acquired this bike and I'm trying to get it underway real soon. Does anyone have any tips on what direction to take this. I have a few ideas, but don't know where to really start. I'm thinking a "works" style seat and cutting knee dents in the existing gas tank (or at least another super sport tank).

·
Registered
55 Posts
I like those tanks just the way they are. It's such a good looking bike to begin with, it doesn't need much. If it were me, I would strip it down to the frame and clean everything up, then only put back on what I needed. Maybe add a set of clip-ons, trim away some of the fat on the back of the bike and a little smaller seat. Definitely a good base to start with. Good luck with it and keep us posted with LOTS of pictures!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put the back cowl and side panel on since this was taken, it's cleaned up the appearance a bit for now.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
knock the heck out of another tank with a ball peen hammer or a sledge and make really cool looking knee dents (um, for your knees?) and i'll pay the UPS overnite charges to have you send me that piece of shit ugly tank you have there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts