Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a brace designed to remove the braced front fender and replace it with a non braced fender? something like a dog bone or the like would be ideal, but i haven't the foggiest... this brace could reside under the fender out of site or above it in plain view. i am fairly certain that the brace would be needed.... or is that a case of over-engineering on honda's part????

03 rsv Tuono custom
81 cb750f (stolen)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
so, is the brace needed or is it just to support the fender?

03 rsv Tuono custom
81 cb750f (stolen)
75 cl360 (cafe /guinea pig)

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
In my opinion, the forks should have some sort of brace if you are going to ride it hard at all. If you are wanting to replace the front fender with something that looks better consider the fender from the CL360. It is smaller and shaped better and still has the brace built in. If you are wanting a plastic or glass fender then you can grind the rivets out of the stock fender and use the brace to mount the new one either by re-riveting, screws or glassing it together. You can also brace the forks by getting a clamp on style that ties the tops of the sliders together to prevent twisting and flex. I don't believe the type that clamps to the tubes do anything unless you are talking about an 8 over raked out chopper. If you are planning on racing or riding really hard then replace the forks with something biggerand better quality.

Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
OOPS, I just looked at the pic you have in the other thread and the CL fender is what you currently have and is way different than the CL350 fender. A CL350 fender might fit, check it out.
Ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts