Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
11460 Documented Original miles
Unrestored, unmolested, all original ( minus the flawless paint on tank and covers)
incredibly well kept, Frame is original including paint and factory stickers, Original 341 exhaust has 0 rust,
perfect seat, ( bike had a king /queen seat for most it's life preserving the original seat)
Maintenance is 100% up to date , carbs have been rebuilt and vacuum synced within the past 2 months,
Electrical system is all original and in perfect working order including the spare factory fuses
This bike needs nothing.
( sorry it's not a hacked up 750 but it's perfect as it is)
$5500. SOLD SOLD SOLD

Attachments

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
It looks like you have spent months polishing off all the surface rust and shining up the alloy tarnish. Is the base gasket leaking on the barrel, like it looks in the photo? Are the marks on the front rim from tire levers?

Apart from shining it up for sale, have you done any motor work or changed any fluids?

Quote: "( sorry it's not a hacked up 750 but it's perfect as it is) ". It's a bit of a strange comment on a blog site with plenty of "hacked up bikes" that the riders consider perfect.

Danger, is my business.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
It's really nice. The red paint sucks as does the missing baffles, but the bike is really nice otherwise.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sorry this bike didn't have surface rust it's a garage kept Florida bike, that was incredibly well kept.
The base Gasket and the head gasket are 100% leak free.
There are 3 or 4 marks on the front wheel from a tire iron, the PO had the tire put on at the dealer, so I'm quite surprised that that happened.
The bike didn't take to much to shine up, mainly just waxed to preserve it, unbelievable but it is has been incredibly looked after for all these years.
It's had a complete 10,000 mile service done in the past 3 months ( 400 miles)
including new oil and filters, flushed brake line, new points and condensers, shock oil, adjusted valves and timing chain, all cables lubed and adjusted,
carbs rebuilt and synced. Compression across the cylinders is between 160-165psi so I feel there is no need for any additional mechanical work to a perfectly running motor.
Don't get me wrong I love a nice well done cafe racer, but there are quite a bit of people that I wouldn't trust to change my oil that are hacking up perfectly good bikes, because they like the way a Cafe bike looked on Pintrest.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Sorry this bike didn't have surface rust it's a garage kept Florida bike, that was incredibly well kept.
There are 3 or 4 marks on the front wheel from a tire iron, the PO had the tire put on at the dealer, so I'm quite surprised that that happened.
The bike didn't take to much to shine up, mainly just waxed to preserve it, unbelievable but it is has been incredibly looked after for all these years.
including new oil and filters, flushed brake line, new points and condensers, shock oil, adjusted valves and timing chain, all cables lubed and adjusted,
carbs rebuilt and synced. Compression across the cylinders are between 160-165psi so I feel there is no need for any additional mechanical work to a perfectly running motor.
Don't get me wrong I love a nice well done cafe racer, but there are quite a bit of people that I wouldn't trust to change my oil that are hacking up perfectly good bikes, because they like the way a Cafe bike looked on Pintrest.
Really lovely looking bike though I'm with Geeto on the paint, I always loved the two tone scheme's.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's really nice. The red paint sucks as does the missing baffles, but the bike is really nice otherwise.
Unfortunately I lack the equipment and photography skills to make the paint look as nice in the pictures as it does in person. ( red always appears to look a little pinkish in pictures to me). I would prefer the earlier factory paint scheme, but I'm not a huge fan of the 2 tone.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
carbs rebuilt and synced. Compression across the cylinders are between 160-165psi so I feel there is no need for any additional mechanical work to a perfectly running motor.

O.K., cool all round. I'm just jack of guys polishing up worn out old clunkers, and trying to pass them off as gold. This bikes O.K.

Danger, is my business.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you were actually a potential buyer I would be more than happy to pass the previous owners' information on to you so you can talk to them personally, but I don't want to have random people bothering him or his brother ( combined they have owned the bike for 35 years) because they spotted an internet ad. I 'm sure you could understand.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Hope it's spammed on other boards too.
To me it's just another poorly marketed bike listed by an amateur flipper.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I don't think spam bots are potential buyers. Sick bike. Glad it's unmolested. I think it is fairly priced too. Good luck on the sale.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don't think spam bots are potential buyers. Sick bike. Glad it's unmolested. I think it is fairly priced too. Good luck on the sale.
Im not quite sure what mr. jaguar was talking about, I think he was referring to himself as the "spammer" ( I noticed he comments negatively on everyones for sale treads) I guess he's a human version of a spam bot and apparently proud of it.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Im not quite sure what mr. jaguar was talking about, I think he was referring to himself as the "spammer" ( I noticed he comments negatively on everyones for sale treads) I guess he's a human version of a spam bot and apparently proud of it.

No. Whit worth is the spam bot. Jag...jag doesn't like it when people drop by just to flip a bike. 9 times put of 10 I agree with him but usually it's some hack selling a pos for 5k more than it's worth. Your case...it's just kinda rude but you are selling a good bike at a fair price if its on the up and up. I hope you sellit. Just know that typically close knit forums like this don't like people spamming boards to sell stuff. If you enjoy bikes I recommend you stick around and contribute, don't just treat us as a free classified ad.

Oh and jag HATES poorly marketed sales attempts. :)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Suuper clean!

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Unmolested except for paint?
Its almost as good as the "totally original, save for aftermarket exhaust"

to to me I can't see a painted bike going for full retail, anywhere.
but there is an ass for every seat. Better get better at listings to find that person...
defiantly a waste of time listing it here. So the hope of you spamming another board was heartfelt.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
So mr Jaguar you consider having a tank and side covers professionally painted as " Molesting a bike " ? Really?
You have some incredibly high standards can you please point me in the direction of some of your build treads, I'm curios to see the quality of your work .
Honestly I'm not trying to sell this bike off as something it isn't, it's an honest bike with nothing to hide, it's posted in a classified section of a bike enthusiast website.
For some reason that seems to really piss you off, are you upset because it's not a $300 turd or an overpriced home built "cafe' racer " ? I get that you might have a chip on your shoulder because some people try pawning off their half ass "cafe" builds for something they're not ( not that that's any of your business) but I do believe considering a bike with a professional paint job as " molested" is going a little to far.
I'm guessing your high level of angst towards total strangers may be a little more deep rooted than a "for sale" ad placed in a classified ad section on a forum.
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that what classified sections on forums are for?
Do you not use the internet to buy and sell stuff?
Is there a reason other people are wrong for doing the same thing that you do?
What makes you think that you are the only person that should be allowed to use the internet to sell something?
Where does this extremely high level of your own self worth stem from, are you getting your own reality TV show? ( damn Velocity channel they give those to anyone these days)
Is this your forum did you start it ? If so and you don't like my ad ask me to leave
Maybe you should be out riding and making new friends, I'd be willing to bet your'e actually a nice person when you're not hiding behind a computer, trying to be an ass for no apparent reason. ( please tell me you don't still live with your parents)
I get that you and others on this site would rather buy cheaper bikes and rebuild them, but there probably are others on this site that lack your skill level and might want to actually own a bike that rides as it should and still has all it's original parts in perfect running condition. ( I could be wrong)
I'm sorry that my bike does not meet your high level of standards but I'm sure with your high level of ability you could respray it in the factory colors in a matter of minutes, then it wouldn't look so "molested".

to me I can't see a painted bike going for full retail, anywhere.
This is confusing.... should it go for full retail if it's not painted?
Personally I think a bare metal bike would go for a lot less.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts