Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i am new to the forum and have a question about a possible purchase. So i found the subject bike locally and believe i can get it for ~$750. The body is in exc shape and it runs very strong. What are your thoughts on this particular model (reliability, performance, etc) and the price? Thanks for you input.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
One other thing to add...
I am pretty tall as well. (6'3") I have not yet had a chance to see this bike in person, do you think it is too small? Thanks

·
Registered
278 Posts
Personally, I love it. It's the same frame as a CB450, and nearly the same engine (longer stroke makes the difference in displacement). All the 450 hardware - tanks, seats, etc. - fit without modification. It's less ballsy than the 450 due to gearing but it's still got some pull. $750 is good for the condition you describe - I'd go for it. I should say, btw, that I'm a 450 buff so I'm biased. You should know that stock 450s and 500 twins handle like a pig on rollerskates. CB350s are nimble by comparison.

And you'll probably fit fine - they weren't really built with short dudes in mind (I actually have to cut the seats down on those things).

A

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
sounds like a good deal.

K5-K7 CB/CL450 parts, should for the most part, bolt right on - handy if you need spares.

Internals are a little different - gearing, cylinders, crank, head, but most other things are completely interchangeable.

My CB450 project:
http://www.caferacer.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2827

1 - 4 of 4 Posts