Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1976 CB750F supersport. Approx 5,500 original miles. Completely bone stock and unmolested. Complete. Bike was last running and registered in 2003. I have a title for it and all necessary DMV paperwork to register it.

$500 FIRM. no negotiation, unless you want to offer me more for it (at which point I could throw in other parts I have gathered for the resto).

This is more of a resto than cafe fodder but maybe somebody here wants it, I won't sell it to someone who will cut it up, it took me 2 years to find a bike that would be a good canidate for a "100 point" resto.

I picked this bike up when I was looking for a completely original cb750 supersport to have the best bone stock restored bike around. It still has most of the original honda factory chalk markings on it and is complete. I do not know how many previous owners there were for this bike but I believe I am the 3rd. The only deviations from stock are:

Paint: The original color of the bike is Sulfur Yellow. The owner I bought it from had the bike repainted Candy Anteres Red with the stock stripes (not accurate). The prep work was done so poorly that several rust bubbles have come through the paint and ruined the paint job. The bike was also stored improperly and rust has started to devlop on the head pipes and inside the tank.

Stator: the original stator went bad and the previous owner replaced it with one off a crashed bike. The stator cover has a glob of ugly epoxy on it from where the parts bike had been laid down. As far as I can tell this bike has never been laid down, shows no other signs of ever having been dumped, and it is just the one ugly cover. The previous owner told me that he epoxied the cover off the bike and that he got it from a parts bike.

anyway, you can e-mail me through this board. I am willing to deliver up to 50 miles from NYC, maybe more if you live on Long Island.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
I NEED THAT MUFFLER!!! if you EVER part that out, I'm putting dibs on it right now! (is it in good shape?)

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
except for the rust on the headpipes the exhaust is in fantastic shape. unfortunatly I am not parting this bike out, ever.

If you want I have an NOS honda stock muffler that is similar in shape. It is not a cb750F muffler, it is for another honda but the shape and size are the same.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
is it off the '76 automatic? i'm interested in replacing the worthless, rusted the-fuck-dead factory can on my '76 F. i went to a MAC slip on, but want desperately to get as close to stock as possible.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know what it is off of, it is a honda "paragraph" muffler which means it was made sometimes in the 1990s or newer. I got it with a 78 supersport I bought, but as far as I can tell it isn't off of any cb750 despite having compatible flanges.

I think I may have another used F muffler off my 75 F. I have to break that bike down this weekend anyway so I'll take a look and see if it is any good.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
...you're a gentlemen and a scholar. thank you. i look forward to hearing about the condition!

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just to get back on track, I am willing to trade the above bike for a 1972 to 1977 IronHead Sportster frame with title and bottom end engine cases. I might be able to swing some cash depending on how complete a sporty we are talking about.

·
Registered
692 Posts
We can talk at the meet . That's actually a pretty nice bike .

·
Registered
692 Posts
We can talk at the meet . That's actually a pretty nice bike .

·
Registered
896 Posts
i may be interested i will email you by weekend's end maybe we can do business, that is if you still have it..... cheers

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I should add, if someone doesn't pony up for it by this weekend she is going to go into the back of the garage and I will deal with it after my wedding, which means early october.

·
Registered
896 Posts
i've been trying to get a buddy on board with this bike and hopefully will have him broken by the end of the week.... been busy, just got a van for the shop....

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
going to new orleans and then Mexico for two weeks, It will still be here when I get back so....hit me up if you want it then.

·
Registered
2 Posts
im extemely interested in this bike, if it is still for sale. it is exactly what i have been trying to find, something as close to stock as possible. i work at a shop only about 45min from NYC so im assuming you are not far. if you can get back to me as soon as possible that will would great. i pay in cash

1 - 20 of 34 Posts