Cafe Racer Forum banner

341 - 343 of 343 Posts

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
GT brakes are worse than useless for fast street work, but fortunately they can be upgraded to modern disks and calipers and even more modern forks without too much pain. I used SV7650 calipers and CBR600F3 rotors. save a ton of weight and improve braking.

Frame is heavy and not very stiff, but OK for a Sunday ride. It can be braced but it's fine as long as it has decent forks and rear suspension.

Andyshep, I also have Dunstall GT750. Beautiful bikes but the bodywork exacerbates the low speed shakes.

Cranks can be balanced but rarely need it. Fortunately rods and bearings are all available should they be needed. Seals dry up and stick to the cranks and then leak, but easy to source and fit. Porting isn't hard but takes a huge amount of time to get it right.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I'm really tempted to see if my uncle will part with his, he's owned it since new but been sat in various stages of restoration for probably 25 years.

That, with improved brakes, suspension and stiffened frame would be a class and true to the name cafe racer.

·
Registered
6,146 Posts
You can lay down a nice smoke screen for the environmental people to follow :unsure:
... even if a cop didn't nail you, they have a government phone number here for people to anonymously report a smoking vehicle.
Track racing you could get away with it no problem. ymmv.

341 - 343 of 343 Posts