Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
but is it really? once you get past the cost of entry and the cost of setting them up, They're an amazing value
I guess you are right, they are an amazing value for new carbs, and in the perspective that they cost about as much as a brand new holley, demon, or barry grant performance 4bbl for a chevy they aren't a bad deal. On the other hand there are lots of other options out there for making power that cost far less so...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a CB750 stroker motor (1000+ cc) that needs a home.

PM me if anyone’s interested. Has CDI ignition, Carrillo Rods, forged pistons and a bad ass cam. Was modeled after the Honda factory GP bikes of the time. Has only 20-25 hrs max on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I have a CB750 stroker motor (1000+ cc) that needs a home.

PM me if anyone’s interested. Has CDI ignition, Carrillo Rods, forged pistons and a bad ass cam. Was modeled after the Honda factory GP bikes of the time. Has only 20-25 hrs max on it
Gotta ask: after the 20-25 hours had elapsed what happened to it?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
She'll get a bath tomorrow....kinda clean it up and see what I want to attack first.
Well that tomorrow turned into 4 months later.

Now that it's cleaned up I'm taking a different look at it. Getting it running is a matter of a new battery and carb cleaning...that should be it.

What's going to be a bit more is figuring turn signals, their wiring and new switches. Bar backs will be a must. A new new GPS speedo will be done. I have a steering stabilizer somewhere and I think an oil cooler...a used one. I may have a line on a set of Lesters for it but for now......every hipster needs the wall shot.

20191119_123025.jpg

I had this wild hair one day when one of these old school trip computers came up for sale to adapt one for this CB. It powers up and everything but the more I think of it the more I realize it was a pipe dream. It may come off

20191119_122637.jpg

The center stand was never really installed but over the years I like how it stands the bike up...especially in a tight garage. Since things were modified the c-stand doesn't rest on its stock stop but now the chain.....so I will need fab a rest mount for it and a quick squirt of black for the cosmetics

20191119_122651.jpg

I wish I never drilled the rear brake. I have a replacement that needs a rebuild and a months soaking in kroil to free up everything so I at least a solution for it. It's never given me any issues but there's always tomorrow and a future emergency stop.

20191119_122720.jpg

20191119_122613.jpg

So now I await a battery and a new can of Berrymans. I'll start on the center stand issue in the mean time.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Today I decided to see if I can get it running with just simply adding some gas, some starter fluid, and top off the oil. As can be expected it took a little doing but surprisingly it started up. Of course it leaked gas everywhere and will not idle worth a shit........ but for something that hasn't been started in 7 years it was surprisingly pleasant to hear it run. Although I'm sure I will probably just throw it back in the garage and forget about it for another five months my intention is to get it running more steady. The fact that it started up with what seems like so little ease is a testament to Honda motorcycles being so forgiving. So the carbs will come off and be cleaned, inspected, and new parts will be ordered as needed.

I butchered the wiring many moons ago. I took all unnecessary wiring off to try to simplify wiring but all I did was forget what I did and lose track of what I needed to do. It was pretty easy to get jumper leads between contacts to get some power through it. So I know it will work I just need the time to go through it all.

here's a quick video of it running. A little higher RPM with needed to keep it at idle. If I adjusted down to where it would need to be it would just stumble and die. That's just some tuning, cleaning, and a aligning things up.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts