Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Undo every one of those mods except for maybe the exhaust, drop the price by 50% and we'll talk

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
How about a few sales photos that actually show the bike?

It will be good when you find all the missing parts, and finish " the build ". You should go do it before the sale is done.

BTW, how hard is it to fit a tail light, so it's square?

I say it's worth every penny of 900 bucks. Good luck in the sale.

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
865 Posts
Almost four grand? For the bike in the pics? Looks like EVERY single bolt on that thing is rusted. Cable adjusters, rusted. Chain, rusted. Cheap ass plastic fuel filter that is probably 10+ yrs old and almost looks red from all the rust that is surely still in the tank. Tires, old and bald. If the bike has really been ridden, that rear brake light would be in pieces, eaten by the tire with those pogo stick shocks still in use.

Yea, good luck getting your FIRM asking price.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Yep, now I think of it, that's the reason there are no good pictures of it. It's old and rusty, faded and generally neglected.

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
We haven't had a good rousing session of correct the misinformed and poorly written ad in a while so.....

Up for sale is a very sought after 1976 Honda CB750F Supersport.
They made 15,000 1975 cb750Fs and 44,000 1976 cb750Fs so they are not rare. the definition of "sought after" means in demand and in order for something to be in demand supply needs to be some what limited. While I agree that these bikes are starting to get popular, I wouldn't say they are sought after in the term of art way someone would talk about a rare car or bike.

This is one of the last years they made this engine in a sohc.
Actually they made this engine for two more years in three different models after your bike was made for a total of approx 124,500 units. Saying it is one of the last years is like saying the 1964 mustang is one of the last years for the first gen mustang. You could have easily said it was one of the first years for the supersport line and been more accurate. Again you are trying to make a not rare bike seem rare.

It's arguably the best engine Honda ever made.
What is? the honda cb750 SOHC in general? this year? be specific. of the generations of SOHC cb750s it is up there but probably not the best (and how does one measure "the best" anyway).

This bike has a lot of original parts to it but also a lot of new parts. It's not perfect, it does show it's age a bit, but it's a great bike.
meh, this seems ok.

Mods are:

Keihin carbs re-jetted to 120
Excuse me...those are stock kehin carbs. not the fancy CR carbs people usually mention when they are talking about kehin carbs. be specific about this - you didn't spend $700 on race pieces. be specific, it's important.

Clubman handlebars and mirrors
clubman is a brand of mirror? whose brand clubman bar? is this one of those non-original pieces you mentioned before? if you spent money on something it helps to mention the brand.

Biltwell grips
Good. now, was that so hard?

British style headlight bucket
What's a "british style" headlight bucket and who makes it? When I hear "british style" it usually means it has an amp meter in the back. does this one?

Tri-bar headlight lens
brand? cheap off of ebay isn't a brand.

Intake pods
This one here is probably the most important reason to list brand. Why? because you bought the absolute cheapest shittiest worthless pods on the planet and they are a red flag to anybody who knows a thing about bikes that your build is to be avoided. You should list brand so that newbies can Google EMGO (or Tucker Rocky, or Dixie, or whatever sub brad is selling EMGO pods) and find out for themselves that they have to replace these immediately upon buying the bike.

Mac exhaust system
Legendary Motorcycles cafe seat
Good, although you should probably talk about how you mounted the seat and whether you need tools to change a battery or not.

New signals and taillight
Brand?

Side mounted license plate
That may or may not be illegal in your state. Probably want to warn potential buyers about that.

Lots of new seals and gaskets
Fucking LIST THEM!!!! This is literally the only thing ov any real value in this whole list and you gloss over it because you are too lazy to detail it out? come on man, put your backbone into it.

Other things you left out:
Who did the paint and what type? Single stage? dual stage? brand?
battery?
fluids? Oil brand? synthetic?
Tires? new? miles? brand?
Seat upolstry? who did it? material?

Price is $3500 firm
the market is what the market is. I don't think there is enough value based on the ad you posted to justify this but others might. You don't have rearsets, a fork brace, a front fender, or parts that aren't the cheapest bottom of the barrel things so it is hard to say how you arrived at this number. Here are the NADA book values for a stock cb750F:

Values

Print

Excellent$2,515
Very Good$1,610
Good$975
Fair$710
Poor

you have already admitted your bike is not excellent, but let's just assume that as our starting position: $3500 - $2515 means you think your modifications are worth $985 ($1890 if we use the more accurate "good" condition value) . How much did you spend on mods and fresh seals? probably want to put that in your ad. I get that you probably looked at ebay and said that bike looks close enough to mine I am going to ask what he asked but you can't take the same "close enough looking is good enough" approach to selling this bike as you did building it. But who knows, maybe there is a sucker out there just waiting for you to hook him.

you should probably redo your pics - the ones on the front actually illustrate exactly why you need a fork brace (and a fender) - look at how much more upright that front wheel is from the bike....yeesh. No wonder you are selling, this bike doesn't even look fun to ride.

·
Registered
23,287 Posts
I don't like the bike and I am expressing my opinion about it. if you disagree with any particular point please feel free to craft an intelligent and factually based retort.

I would offer you $1,600 for it but honestly I don't want to pay shipping from TN and I need another cb750 like I need an asshole where my elbow is.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hello and Welcome Brent ! I would like to help you get top dollar for your bike. :D
Whomever cobbled that together for you did do a shoddy job, however that can all be corrected !

Drop it off at the shop and we will take care of the issues our friendly forum members have pointed out.

Here is your coupon:

ichiban coupon.jpg

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Why is it that crappy bike sales, and crappy vendors attitudes conspire together to make both seem like dumb crap, and best avoided? :rolleyes:

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
10,449 Posts
This bike is even being made fun of at DTT!

What a joke.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts