Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can hotwire a car, bake a souffle and rewire motor controls for high end switchgear but can't post a picture of my latest score. I broke my tailgate trying to get it in my truck and missed class but I've got the title and key all for NO dollars.

Edited by - weepster on Dec 17 2007 9:26:35 PM

·
Registered
77 Posts
sounds rad to me.

go to photobucket.com sign up and make a free accout.
upload your image
copy the IMG tag's into your message.
dont forget to change the IMG's to img's

peace.

·
Registered
77 Posts
sounds rad to me.

go to photobucket.com sign up and make a free accout.
upload your image
copy the IMG tag's into your message.
dont forget to change the IMG's to img's

peace.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quote:
I can hotwire a car, bake a souffle and rewire motor controls for high end switchgear but can't post a picture of my latest score. I broke my tailgate trying to get it in my truck and missed class but I've got the title and key all for NO dollars.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
quote:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bought a new battery, cleaned the carbs and got fresh gas and she fired right up. At least iI know she runs before breaking it apart for rebuild.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
... But does it run well?

Too bad the pipes are damaged; They're the coolest part from that model.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wouldn't say well, but it idles and I did take down the block once even though it's got no brakes. It really doesn't start moving until 6000 rpm. I tried to upload a movie file to image shack but it wouldn't take. My initial research is telling me parts (you can get nos pipes) for this bike are easier to get than my cb 360 project. This ones getting moved to the front burner.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i love stories like that. stay away form the big bore kits. like the 500 kit with the rods and the big shit like that. those bikes are notorious rod throwers when you build them. great score though.

jc

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Nabbed a runner for no money, good on you. Always liked the 400 ss.

“Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.”
Abraham Lincoln

Cheers, bcr

1 - 16 of 16 Posts