Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been looking around, and i notice some guys say not to use the pod filters on some of the cb750's because they came with cv carbs...I was curious if it is a bad idea to run these on my 77 550k, do these us the same carbs that don't like the pods?

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
im going to mostly stay out of this, but no, the stock carbs on the 77 550 are not cv carbs. you should get a basic book and learn what the different carbs are.

jc

i dont know shit

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
CV carbs are Constant Velocity which means they use air pressure and vacuum to move the slides. When you disrupt that airflow (like with cheap pods) the slide vibrates, does not move smoothly, etc.

With standard carbs the only issue I can see is aiflow turbulence causing a bog or a stumble which you can usually compensate by playing with the jets.

If you buy pods, DO NOT buty cheapie emgo pods that are metal mesh filter. Try to get one with a reusable paper element like a K&N. Also you want the inside of the pod rubber (where it attaches to the carb) to have a smooth transition like a velocity stack.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts