Cafe Racer Forum banner

101 - 109 of 109 Posts

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
So tell me then Walter, how do you explaIn forks that have damping in one leg and sprung from the other?
I believe the first production model road fork, with a spring in one leg, and a damper rod in the other, was the Marzocchi M1R, fitted to some Laverda's and the Ducati Paso. Maybe even to the Bimota DB1, I'm a bit vague on that fitment, though. Must consult Google.com sometime, for clarification purposes.

From memory, the M1R fork had far larger tubes than 70's road bikes, and a bit fatter axle and secure fork leg axle clamping. The effects of the imbalance of springing and dampening between each fork leg would have been kept in check by that very rigidity.

Danger, is my business."

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
Further proof its never ridden or seen inside a modern Trials bike lol

Google faster Walter!
Up the meds! The TTTi, is zipping along spiffingly, I see. Keep up the good work.

The Beta, Gas Gas, Honda's, Sherco, Yamaha?

The Beta got sold a while back.

Back to the lab, Farnsworth. :rolleyes:

Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
any idea where can i get this kid of fuel tank? i mean an actual tank and not just a fiberglass cover?
if i cant find one, guess ill have to fabricate an aluminum fuel tank (tig welded) and get the FG cover for it.

025_zps116dd18b.jpg

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
any idea where can i get this kid of fuel tank? i mean an actual tank and not just a fiberglass cover?
if i cant find one, guess ill have to fabricate an aluminum fuel tank (tig welded) and get the FG cover for it.

View attachment 15580
ask dirkcheckin, that's his bike. I'm pretty sure it's airtech though.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
ask dirkcheckin, that's his bike. I'm pretty sure it's airtech though.
Cant believe i missed that... was talking to tom but didn't connect the dots... that's his bike, right.
Hi Tom, any input about the fairing and tank? guess it is airtech, but is the tank operational or just the FG cover?
thanks man.

101 - 109 of 109 Posts