·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Bike is currently on Ebay
Item # 190945433749​
Contact info is 832-216-1058
Here is the listing from Lossa Engineering

Cafe Racer TV approached us for season 2 and asked if we would team up with Yoshi from Garage Company for a build together. Of course I couldn’t pass up working with him on a build. I supplied the RD400 rolling chassis and Yoshi supplied the RD350 motor and we never really discussed how we were going to build the bike after then. I did all the frame fab and bodywork and mocked up the bike then handed it off to him to put the front end on, build the motor and one off exhaust system. Then we got it back and I laid out the paint design and sprayed it and did the upholstery. After everything was done we met up at Willow Springs raceway to do the test ride with Eric and Ben Bostrom. They loved the way the bike was set up and handled around the small Horse Thief Mile coarse. Bike is currently register and titled, ready to rock! Own a piece of history!!

Check out the Cafe Racer TV episodes of the build:

episode 14

episode 15

episode 16

Videos are also embedded at the bottom of this auction.

Lossa Engineering Specs:

frame de tabbed, braced and hooped
relocated battery and wired from scratch
stretched Daytona gas tank 2 1/2″ and lowered 1″ on back bone with custom Monza cap
used Sr500 gas tank to make custom tail section
Custom black leather pleated seat
supplied Custom aluminum swing arm, Hagon Racing shocks, steering stabilizer
Custom House of Kolor black gold paint with pearl yellow & white graphics

Garage Company Specs:

Re-built complete RD350 motor with all new parts
Mikuni carbs
Supplied rare Yamaha TZ top triple and race fender
flanged hoops laced with stainless spokes to Yamaha front hub & Honda rear hub
Hand built complete exhaust from flat metal, hand rolled and tig welded everything
Supplied rearsets, Yamaha front end, race tires, all controls​

·
Registered
865 Posts
This was one of the few episodes I watched. Pretty wack you guys didn't even try to tune it before tossing it on that track.

Thing ran like ass. Did you guys ever FINISH it?

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
We really should have a minimum post requirement before posting something for sale....or can we just call this shameless spam?

is that chain block zip tied to the swingarm? Don't you think the chain will break that?
orange peel showing up in the pictures.

but really it's just a case of " haters gunna hate"
yoshi was great, don't know why he would want to be on the show though.
atleast this bike ran....the t500 never did.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
where are the air filters or something...?

·
Registered
928 Posts
They look like they took the air filters off for the "showcase" photos. In some of the other pics you can the the pods.

No rubber on the kicker? Have you ever tried to kick start a motorcycle that was even slightly damp? I have the busted shins to prove you need some rubber.

Can you even call it an RD400 if it has an R5 motor? (they updated the info in the Ebay ad saying its not an RD engine)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow guys really? I don't go on many forums because of reasons like this.. all you guys just hatted on the bike and the builder.. Really? is that what you do all day, find something and bash it..SMH..
I'm sure I can walk up to a Ferrari and find a issues but do I own one? NO, are they nice? YES. Where do I have any room to talk shit and where do you. Honestly.... I don't even know what to say..

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
well it is cool LOOKING but not a streetable bike , just something for to hang on the wall
no tailight no kicker rubber jeez details do make a diff...bro... what happened did somebody run out of adderall ??
LOL who is the clown sitting on it ? ,hahahahaha cartoon colored arms locked straight in some kind of fetish-shized mma pose ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow now this jack ass wants to talk about how to sit on the bike... do you not have anything better to do?
here you go... are these poses any better.... I have raced for over 12 years. I think I know how to sit on a bike.. also not street able, ohhhh pore thing, the kick start doesn't have a piece of rubber and I guess you guys don't know how to work on bikes because its very easy to add a tail light, which come with the bike

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
hey it is just a silly-ass looking pose on that bike, that is all i was saying sure as hell doesn't add value to the auction
and an unfinished ,incomplete bike like yours will not get as much as a finished one how hard is that to figure out?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Wow guys really? I don't go on many forums because of reasons like this.. all you guys just hatted on the bike and the builder.. Really? is that what you do all day, find something and bash it..SMH..
I'm sure I can walk up to a Ferrari and find a issues but do I own one? NO, are they nice? YES. Where do I have any room to talk shit and where do you. Honestly.... I don't even know what to say..
for the record I did not hate on it, I just asked where the tail light is. I think it is a reasonable question given that it is in the for sale section. Also how do you mount a plate to it?

For the record - yoshi does great work.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
agreed on Yoshi....but here are the issues with the sale on ebay .... what you have is a mis-represented,(and until you end the listing and revise the title description it is indeed mis-represented) unfinished machine, ridden for god only knows how long without aircleaners with some tatted-up dude posing in an unnatural position and I should bid for why ???????? because it was on tv? and Yoshi helped ? well those may be very good selling points but you sure have fought against the good points ...... my advise finish the bike,yes small details matter !.... show it finished in pictures, with some close-ups fer chrisakes ,relist as a custom R5 that is what it is... and I do like it it has potential

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
When you finish the bike and re-list it with some truthiness, please post up a vid of it actually running ( not the lame CRTV crap.... I mean after it is actually tuned correctly )

I do like the close up detail shots of the orange peel in the paint and zip ties :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1st off, which one of you guys have or had a show on TV showing all your skills, building bikes or painting anything? 2nd you guys have wayyyyyy to much time on your hands to not only look at every little detail on something you don't want them come back to rag on it. 3rd.......I didn't build the bike, so telling me the quality of it is not ripping on me but the guys that built it. I build classic cars, If I see a car that (I) don't thing was built right....... I don't care, I'm not going to waste any of my time just to rag on it and make my self feel better. So how about this.... everyone that raged on the bike, post up pics of yours and I promise I and others will find something wrong..

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
It's not about the guys who built it. It's about how the guy mis-representing the machine on ebay and the "for sale section" on this forum.... isn't it?

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Great, another dick that came to a forum to market his overpriced bike in the hopes of finding some hipster with more money then brains.
Add is misleading at best.
Sure im jealous of hacking shit for big money, but if all you are counting on is the added value of a crap show then good for you.
Questions raised were all legit when talking about a real bike at that price point. You were able to get past all those questions with the bidders so far....or are they all shills?

And now what?
You came here and didnt get what you wanted?
Quit your bitching, you are not the first or the last guy to show up and get butthurt because we all didnt line up to buy your bike.

·
Registered
928 Posts
I don't think it unreasonable to find things wrong with it if it is for sale as some amazing rare bike. 2 seconds and a couple bucks to slip a piece of rubber on the kicker as that was my gripe. I own an RD400, 400 Daytona, RD350 and a DS7. I'll send you one if its that big of a deal. I have an H2 drag bike that doesnt have a rubber and I have busted my shin plenty of times with it slipping off. My point is that if you've done all that work why not finish up the little things? In planning to build a bike for the street there has to be somewhere in the planning stage for things like a license plate bracket and somewhere to hang a tailight (which I understand there is a plug for and you said you will supply an LED strip). When someone buys it they will have to deal with hanging the light and plate and busting their shin and the worn paint on the swingarm after that zip tie fails, unless they address those issues, personally if I'm going to spend that money I want it all done.

I don't think anyone said the bike was crap or insulted the builders. I'm sure they do fine work but if my name is going to be on it i'd want to do it the best I could which means covering the small details that do matter. You ride and race, props to you. Don't take it personal everyones a critic

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
TS you are missing the point....

The OP didnt build it.
He bought it to flip it, or bought it and realized its "not for him"

·
Registered
928 Posts
I got that, It was sitting in his showroom and he powdercoated the swingarm and installed the zip tie you mentioned as well.

Still if it is so easy for someone to do why not do it?

Its like those bikes for sale on CL just needs a battery to run...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts