Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are some pics of the bike...the thing is mint.

·
Registered
692 Posts
IT's pricey for what she is . Good shape but not the original paint or anything . $3000-$3500 is more fair for that baby.
The old bike pricing nowadays are pretty inflated these days . In some cases pretty fricken ridiculous.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but the thing is wanker that you would see this exact bike going for the same price any where around you. the reason being is that these bikes are not this clean in the north. to find a beautiful bonne in AZ isn't an issue, but it will have a million miles on it. just remember i am a regular everyday normal guy.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
lets try to keep the ragging on bikes to a minimum where it is a forum member trying to sell...it is counter productive. NADA book value for the bike is around $5000 so it isn't like he is out of line, and if I had $5000 I would buy it, but I don't. Anyway, I could understand if he was asking $50,000 but in this case let's try to cool out a little so that people actually post stuff for sale.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I'm pretty darn sure I inquired about that bike when he had it on CL. If I had the cash It'd be sitting in my garage.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
from the tiny pix it looks nice enough

mint? I'd recommend not using that label since it has 19,000 miles on it and mint simply does not and cannot apply to that bike

at 19,000 miles it needs to have substantial service and maint records to accompany it and if it really is the untouched 19K original you say it is

it's ready for a complete case split and overhaul even if everything else on it was miraculously in perfect as new condition

those sludge traps are quite the ankle tendon, the brake hydraulics are unsealed from the atmosphere, and I could go on

this means the possibility of anyone that knows anything about them paying top dollar for it

would dramatcially increase if you can document the engine being freshly and completely overhauled

brakes refurb'd

and another long list of overdue service items made current

has it been repainted? I'd say so but the pix aren't even sufficient to judge the finish on the tank paint

my guess is that if you were to take those smallish and inadequate pix....... with the only info you supply in the ad

the bike would do well to break 3K on ebay

now be objective and candid with yourself........ based off what you see (on the internet and not what you see in person) and info given

would you pay top retail dollar for that bike?

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I am going to be very kind and not point out several things about that bike which are obviously not copasetic

but I will tell you that a bike ridden 19K does not have such a nice looking seat..... the gaitors look terrible, and those mufflers sound really nice (are they repops) but they are not correct for the bike

have the MarK II's been updated?

I did look on your site to "see more" and only found one virtually useless picture of it

I'm not saying you do not have a bike that could possibly fetch 5K

but I am saying you need no less than 50 up close, crisp, bright shade (not direct sunlight), and detailed pix so a prospective and knowing potential buyer can see what is there to be seen

·
Registered
453 Posts
great looking bike, with the prices of decent brit bikes in this area, 5000 is more than reasonable. is it just me or does the front end have alot more rake than on earlier models?

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
then several of you have missed some great deals on scarcer and desirable late bikes

like a few of the TR versions (I think both an X and a couple R's have sold recently and really worth the money)

A few very nice specials (one that was just a stock exhaust away from being close to a 95) that didn't fetch over 4K

and even a Silver Jubilee or so

all bikes with less than 10K miles and all ran across the ebay block in the last couple of months

1 - 13 of 13 Posts