Cafe Racer Forum banner

61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Well that was an interesting few days. After work on Thursday thought I'd get a couple of small jobs done.
On fitting the rear brake lever realised the linkage was going to foul the swinging arm pivot nut, so started removing the pivot and fit it from the other side of the frame.
Should have been an easy enough job but the drift got stuck under the pivot at the mid way point.
Eventually got the drift out but by then iI'd totally fucked up the end of the pivot, Couldn't move it either way.
Fortunately a mate dug me out of a very deep hole. 2 hours of drilling got the job done with minimal damage. Just as well one of us knew what we were doing.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Started fitting the new wiring loom, coils, and the new rectifier does away with the Zener Diode.
Many hours spent trying to route cables, and wiring.

Attachments

Reactions: TrialsRider

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
It's been a few months since I've been able to roll the T140 about.
Had a bit of a disaster with the electrics. Last week I had a spark but no indicators or headlight. This week the indicators and headlight are working but no spark.
Turns out I'd left the ignition on for to long and fried the black box.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I've spent the best part of a month trying to get the bloody thing running.
Had a good spark and fuel in the carbs, checked and rechecked valve clearences and timing, couldn't even get it to fire.
Must have kicked it over more than a 100 times (which hasn't done my knees any favours) and had a couple of friends over to give it a try, but they gave up after 2 or 3 attempts.
The compression seems to be on the high side and it takes a fair ammount of effort to kick over.
Anyway the owner called round a few days ago wearing a large pair of MotoX boots, 1st kick it fired 2nd kick it started FFS.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
That will put a smile on the owners face. Does looking at it help you with the trauma caused by the axle of evil?

Beautiful job.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Thanks woodsman. The swinging arm pivot was a bit of a mission.
The owner picked it up this morning, seems happy enough.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts