Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, I'm pretty new to the idea of building up a bike, but have been riding for a while and totally into the cafe bikes, I found this bike for dirt cheap...400 bucks, it runs, and has a parts bike to boot. I'm just wondering how involved it will be to turn it from a stock yami to a decent cafe bike. so if anybody can offer up suggestions as to where to go for body work (seats/fenders etc) I'd appreciate it, thanks!

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Dude, fill in your Bio info!
If you spend enough time, you'll see that anything can be, and probably has been made into a cafe bike.
$400 for a complete, clean, good running bike with a good title and a parts bike is not unreasonable. Did you buy it already, or is it still out there?

You can find lots of ideas if you surf through the links in the top header. You'll also be able to get many parts through some of the crew here.

Glass From The Past has great body and seat parts. Start there...

FR

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Dude, fill in your Bio info!
If you spend enough time, you'll see that anything can be, and probably has been made into a cafe bike.
$400 for a complete, clean, good running bike with a good title and a parts bike is not unreasonable. Did you buy it already, or is it still out there?

You can find lots of ideas if you surf through the links in the top header. You'll also be able to get many parts through some of the crew here.

Glass From The Past has great body and seat parts. Start there...

FR

·
Registered
77 Posts
hey man, i have a 1980 xs 400, i bought mine for $250 with new tires, battery, and sylonoid, but the bike had ben layed down and smashed up a lil, so i decided to pick it up and just return it back to a stock looking bike with a few minor mods, but ne way it is an awsome bike, i love it, it is very comfertable and awsome on gas, not the fastest out there but it has a lil bit of get up and go

the lil guy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so i ended up getting it, with an almost complete 'parts' bike, but i think i'll try to keep it as complete as possible and get it running down the road. if i could figure out how to post a pic in here i would....

Edited by - lilhit on Jan 24 2008 1:21:19 PM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts