Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1978 Yamaha XS750 Cafe Racer

1978 Yamaha XS750 Special that has been rebuilt. Taken down to the frame. New paint, new tires, new LED brake light, new speedometer and tachometer with white face and integrated clustered lights, custom upholstered seat, carburetors have been cleaned and synced. Starts right up and ready to ride. Tank is Metallic Navy Blue with offset Red stripes. New clip-on handle bars, new grips, new oil, spark plugs, and final drive lubricant. 10,290 original miles. Clean title in hand. $3200 OBO. Please serious inquiries only. No Paypal spammers. Located in 45 minutes west of Chicago. Delivery is available for an extra fee.

Please feel free to contact for more information.

Call, text, or email.
630-486-00 eight one

Available now for pick up.
Thank you.

Keywords: CB400 CB450 CB500 CX500 CB550 CB650 GS650 KZ650 XS650 CB750 GS750 KZ750 XS850 Cafe Racer Road Racer Bobber Chopper Yamaha Kawasaki Suzuki Honda

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
I suppose we can endlessly debate what is or is not a cafe racer. However, I can tell everybody with absolute certainty that this thing is not and never will be a road racer. I wouldn't push that thing around a racetrack, much less ride it on one. It has absolutely no performance upgrades in power, stopping, suspension or handling. It is not track legal, no safety wire, bad tires, crappy shocks and no numbers. The title of this thread is flat out deception.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
So about that post count thing?

the endless stream of stupid and repeated questions from people late to the party is one thing.
but the one post count guys with shitty bikes for sale sucks.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
That bike is not a "road racer" and it is barely a "café racer" . XS750s are heavy, slow, evil handling lumps of doom.

It's a great bike, don't sell it!

Keep it all for yourself!

The seat looks like a cushion for an old cat.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Jesus effing himself on a stick. What is it, of late? I blame the interwebs.
It's like the hipster beard, tight pants, logger boot, instagraham, stepford sentiment.
I've got an old cat. She does tend to sleep in the oddest of places now. At times I'm concerned about the onset of feline dementia.
My olde cat would certainly slumber upon that lump.
Hell, I wouldn't sit on it.

NE

p.s. Ohshit! For some reason I didn't read the fine print, declaring that this thing is for sale.
I....just.....it's all over. The end is extremely effing nigh.

·
Banned
4,894 Posts
CurbTiger :

" p.s. Ohshit! For some reason I didn't read the fine print, declaring that this thing is for sale.
I....just.....it's all over. The end is extremely effing nigh."

We have now passed peak Hipster, there is no turning back. Now the Zombies will come and eat your brain.

As your cat looks on, and thinks: "MEH" .

"Danger, is my business."

·
Registered
23 Posts
Even though it's not a road racer guys, it sure is pretty to look at...
It's a little bit overpriced but definitely not going to be a bike you sell for under 1000 guys LOL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts