Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

i have a 1979 Honda CB750F Super Sport. this is my first bike, and i am trying to get into it right away. I am currently looking for a 4-1 muffler pipe. i bought the bike without it. I have found several aftermarket, but i would like to get OEM. it's been hard coming across any

any places you recommend looking ?

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
Couple of thngs:

- OEM exhaust on a 1979 CB750F is a 4-2 NOT a 4-1. There is no Honda (OEM = Original Equipment Manufacturer = Honda in this case) 4-1 for these bikes. The original pipe is very very heavy and many were thrown out, also they rusted at the low point. They also did not have detachable mufflers, it was a 3 piece piece system from the head pipe to the tail with the two inboard head pipes removable to make fitment easier. If you want the stock system check ebay and craigslist as it has been NLA for a long time. Also expect to pay for it since few survived, case in point:

In your looking you may come across stock pipes advertised as 4-1 for a CB750F. These are for a 1975-1978 cb750F and DO NOT FIT. not at all. nope. the head pipes aren't tall enough to clear the bottom of the engine since they are for a SOHC and you have a DOHC bike.

- What muffler will work with your 4-1 depends on what 4-1 you have. Pics of the pipe/bike would help. a muffler shop can help you with reducers and such if you want to fit an aftermarket pipe.

- Muffler is the part at the end of the pipe that regulates sound, header or head pipes are the part at the front that attach to the engine. The unit is the exhaust system. At first I thought your questions is where do you get a muffler for your 4-1 pipe on your cb750F, but then I re-read it and I think you are asking where do you get an exhaust system for your cb750F. If that is the case, Go find a used Kerker 4-1 and run that - it's a good pipe, nce sound makes power, has ground clearance. Again look on ebay or craigslist.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey, thanks for the response !
I did a little bit of reading , and everything matches with that you said. From the looks of it, I might not have the stock head exhaust anymore. I am starting to learn the difference between SOHC & DOHC, so that helps.
This is a picture of the bike. The muffler itself because detached .

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
That's a vance and hines sidewinder pipe. It's a great pipe for making power but has crap right turn clearance.

throw those pod filters away and fit the stock airbox. They are literally stealing hp out of your engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts