Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Love it..... apart from the steering damper which only appears to damp the right end of the oscillation... on left lock there will be little to no damping effect as the motion of oscillation is almost at right angles to the damper. and it appears to be mounted using a flimsy bracket.

Other than that, nice little muscle bike for someone.
I wonder if the damper has enough travel that you could flip that fork clamp to the other side?

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Shit, I didn't realize how much money I spent on putting this together

I don't even want to start tallying the Z1 receipts

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
I wonder if the damper has enough travel that you could flip that fork clamp to the other side?
It's all to do with the swing of the leg regards the mount to the frame. Fat bikes with skinny fronts throw up lots of problems regarding fork to frame dampers and it's magnified by short throw dampers like the one in question.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
Shit, I didn't realize how much money I spent on putting this together

I don't even want to start tallying the Z1 receipts
CAPTAIN AWESOME (fuck knows why his name has to be shouty) is prolly pm'ing you right now with a cheeky offer of $2k..... tell him to go fuck his hat, you want three...... after a bit of barter and banter he'll prolly offer you two and a half and you'll both have a merry christmas......

He wants it..... you've just got to sell it to him....

·
Banned
1,393 Posts
No its still worth 800 or less to me

To be honest i just wouldnt buy it. Lots better bikes for cheap out there.

I paid 250 for my 79 kz650sr D2 in fantastic condition

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
I used to pay less than £500 a go for workable lc's.....

now, that will buy you a decent picture of one.

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
It's two weeks before xmas and he wants to sell it..... If I was the buyer I'd bring you with me... If I was standing next to the seller I'd say take your flat bed and find an $800 hat to fuck.....

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I love the jimmie rustling!

It's not a necessity for me to sell... or trade...

21 - 31 of 31 Posts