Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, and my first custom build. I recently purchased a 1980 CB650c, which runs and is totally complete, but I intend on turning into a cafe racer style street bike. I'm not very concerned with performance, more style than anything else. I've only recently discovered the cafe racer style by chance after purchasing this bike as a fixer upper. The first thing I've decided to focus on is the front forks. I need to shorten them the alter the bikes stance obviously. Does anyone have any suggestion on brand, length, width of forks to achieve this? any other info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
if your going to be a troll be a good one!
well done....i at least chuckled a bit reading this.

Is there some board someplace that then talks about all these kick ass pranks they play one people on the internet?

one of those "got ya good fucker"

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK clearly too broad of a question. I'll start here. Would forks off of a 550 of a similar year fit the 650, and give me the desired result of bringing the front end lower?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK clearly too broad of a question. I'll start here. Would forks off of a 550 of a similar year fit the 650, and give me the desired result of bringing the front end lower?

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
WTF!?!?!?!?

If it wasnt for all the rib tats i would really think this was a joke

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
WTF!?!?!?!?

If it wasnt for all the rib tats i would really think this was a joke

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
like i said, first build. I don't know the first thing about customizing an old bike. I've ridden crotch rockets, and newer harley's since I started riding. is it really that simple? just sliding the forks up? seems too easy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
like i said, first build. I don't know the first thing about customizing an old bike. I've ridden crotch rockets, and newer harley's since I started riding. is it really that simple? just sliding the forks up? seems too easy.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh and jaguar, I'm sorry I didn't realize you were born with an incredible knowledge of the workings of 1980's motorcycles. I guess we can't all be so lucky to have your incredible genetic gifts. So you can save your time and stop checking my posts since its gonna be a series of stupid questions like this one. Like I said, I don't know the first thing about customizing these bikes, I'm doing it for fun as a learning experience.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh and jaguar, I'm sorry I didn't realize you were born with an incredible knowledge of the workings of 1980's motorcycles. I guess we can't all be so lucky to have your incredible genetic gifts. So you can save your time and stop checking my posts since its gonna be a series of stupid questions like this one. Like I said, I don't know the first thing about customizing these bikes, I'm doing it for fun as a learning experience.

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Well with a first post like that and ZERO info about you it can only be assumed that this was one of the many troll or just kids that we see here all the time.

Why not just search around here and read some of the threads and get and idea as to what its about here.
All this style talk bull shit and random ideas to mod will not help you here.

Why do you feel the need to lower the front? you do know this isnt a civic and lowering a bike mostly ruins the handling right?
does this thing even run?
Also the C is just about the worst bike to start with right up there with a CX500 and hawk

·
Registered
10,458 Posts
Well with a first post like that and ZERO info about you it can only be assumed that this was one of the many troll or just kids that we see here all the time.

Why not just search around here and read some of the threads and get and idea as to what its about here.
All this style talk bull shit and random ideas to mod will not help you here.

Why do you feel the need to lower the front? you do know this isnt a civic and lowering a bike mostly ruins the handling right?
does this thing even run?
Also the C is just about the worst bike to start with right up there with a CX500 and hawk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I didn't realize that this site was about telling my life story, and my first post says that it runs. As far as lowering the front end it's simply to achieve the desired look, since older bikes such as this one look about as appealing as a pile of dog crap without modification; especially with the forks a mile in the air. If i was looking for a bike for handling I'd buy a new yamaha r6 not a 1980 honda POS. Finally I bought the honda cb650c as a fixer upper for my friend to learn on, because I happen to know someone selling one, and only decided I liked the cafe racer style afterward.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I didn't realize that this site was about telling my life story, and my first post says that it runs. As far as lowering the front end it's simply to achieve the desired look, since older bikes such as this one look about as appealing as a pile of dog crap without modification; especially with the forks a mile in the air. If i was looking for a bike for handling I'd buy a new yamaha r6 not a 1980 honda POS. Finally I bought the honda cb650c as a fixer upper for my friend to learn on, because I happen to know someone selling one, and only decided I liked the cafe racer style afterward.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts