Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am working on this CM400T, and i pulled off the stock exhaust post-header, this includes a collector unit, and 2 megaphone mufflers. I was not planning to use it, umm...because i didnt want to...i guess? the only practical reason involves not wanting to remove the collector every time i change the oil. mostly i just like the slightly cleaner look and slightly more clearance. on the other hand, nothing protects my case from the road now...pros and cons.

i was thinking of running straight headers, but i know im losing hp, and they are just too damn loud. i feel embarrassed in my neighborhood. what are my best options for performance/slightly less noise?

it should be noted that i still have the stock exhaust, which is ok except for a puncture in the collector. i will consider using this if smart people tell me to.

thanks!

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Just keep the stock pipes and pick up some tubing and some mufflers. Or just plop down some two hundred bucks and just get a complete setup from Mac. There's no hassles and goes on within a few minutes. There's no jetting or carb work needed when I installed mine. I tried running just the pipes and sounded horrible. Not to mention I thought it just look cruddy and didn't like the unfinished look. Or use some cardboard tubing and mock up the piping and take it to a muffler shop or tube bender preferably with a mandrel bender and have them bend it up. Then just go out and buy some mufflers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts