Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm a welder and bicycle mechanic but I've never actually worked on engines much less motorcycles before. Someone gave me a 1980 Honda CM400t for free. I'd like to do a bob/cafe combo dealy but I'm not quite there yet, for now I just want it running well/safely. I bought a Clymer manual for the bike but seeing as how I'm new to this it only gets me so far.

Can someone post some general tips for tuning carbs once their rebuilt?

Additionally does anyone know of any good websites for picking up compatible after market parts? Like clutch and throttle cables... Or maybe a good shop in my area (south florida/miami)

I need all the advice/help I can get so if you have any general tips for a newb I'd love to read them.

·
Registered
602 Posts
That's a great link JP.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
We here at CR.net are working in a parts kit for cafe bikes....want the first one?

Whats a cafe/bobber? I know people insist on using a ton of "search words" I'm eBay and CL adds but a cafe and bobber couldn't be further apart

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:Originally posted by jaguar

We here at CR.net are working in a parts kit for cafe bikes....want the first one?

Whats a cafe/bobber? I know people insist on using a ton of "search words" I'm eBay and CL adds but a cafe and bobber couldn't be further apart
Well I plan on flipping my handle bars upside down, changing from shocks to a rigid, and moving my controls to the rear like on a sport bike/cafe racer. I've seen some people with the rear controls, they don't make conversion kits do they?

Granted once I get the bike running well.

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Me thinks the OP has jokes.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts