Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just acquired this early 1980 Honda 750F SuperSport.

Its got just under 30,000 miles, needs a battery and the carbs cleaned. Also needs the front brakes rebuilt. Other than that, what you see is what you get (although I do think i have the side covers).

Right now I am just posting this to see if there is any interest out there. I would be willing to sell or trade this for basically anything motorcycle related including motorcycles.
maybe even firearms?).

On to the pics (yes its dusty!)

CASH PRICE (pretty firm) $675
I am located in northern Illinois.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It has a title.

If it comes to me having to part it out I will just fix it and ride it. I will let you know if it comes to that though.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It has a title.

If it comes to me having to part it out I will just fix it and ride it. I will let you know if it comes to that though.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I'd offer to swap you a Bell Star helmet for it, but see you're pretty set for lids.

Where in IL are you?

I'd like to have another one

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
I'd offer to swap you a Bell Star helmet for it, but see you're pretty set for lids.

Where in IL are you?

I'd like to have another one

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Probably out, unless I was to go that way for something anyway.

I'd encourage you to get it running. They're nice bikes.

I had superbike bars w/stock pegs on mine. A buddy had a "Sport Control Kit" on his 900f, factory rearsets. Much more cool if you could find.

The stock exhaust weighs a fooking ton. An aftermarket pipe transforms the bike. I had a Yosh that sounded soooo sweet. Buddy had a Mike Velasco pipe, shoulda known to keep that.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
That'll pretty much cure you of old bikes. The only reason we like them is that's what we had back in the day. For instance how my 750 got a dent in the top of the tank....

Put a price on it, I'll roll it around in my head.

Title/registration's up to date? Don't know if you're aware, but IL has a shitty reputation for dealing with that stuff.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I acquired it so I will have to ask the previous owner. I don't think you have to deal w that as long as I give you the title? And bill of sale?

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you decide to fix and ride this bike check out the "DOHC Customs" forum. VERY helpful. I have been working on mine for a while now. Once you get it on the road its a good bike. The carbs are really difficult on this bike. When you rebuild them replace everything. I found out the hard way that it is cheaper and easier to do it that way. Also, the bike will NOT run with pods. Just sayin. Also, put GM coils on it. They are cheap and make a great spark. Make sure you check the valves to. They dont like out of spec valves. Ride it!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts