Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted on here a few weeks ago about buying a honda 1979 185T. Everyone told me no, it was a bad choice because it had a bad piston ring. So firstly, thank you to everyone who gave me that advice. I ended up buying a 1981 CB125s with 6k miles on it. It already had the straight clubman handlebars, aftermarket taillight and license plate relocator. The stock exhaust had 2" header wrap and the muffler part was painted flat black. I thought the flat black paint job looked like shit, and since it was running great, I figured I'd make it look better. I took the gas tank off, took the side covers off, took the exhaust off and stripped all the paint off. Repainted the gas tank and side covers, and then polished the exhaust. I also rewrapped the header in 1" wrap. I rode to work the next day (about 25 miles) and there were no problems the whole day. Yesterday was my day off and I didn't start it all. This morning was a different story. I had the choke on, like usual, let it warm up and sit for a while with the choke off. Rode it around to run an errand and after about 10 miles it died after downshifting to a red light. My choke has 3 positions, choke on, choke off, and 1 spot in between. It would only start on the middle position and it kept randomly stalling when I'd slow down. Before it started stalling, I felt like it was a lot slower than usual. Since I was running late for work, I didn't have time to pull it into the garage to look at anything so I got a ride to work. Now I'm on my lunch, hoping I can get a few good troubleshooting tips to read when I get home before ripping my carburetor apart. Thanks duders. :eek:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts