Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, my name is auggie I'm 28, from northern Indiana and I've been raised around vintage japanese parallel twins my whole life. That's it for the friendly formality now onto the project. I have this cb750 that I've been slowly building into a cafe racer and so far I think it's come together quite nice. I've welded in my rear hoop where I want it, rebuilt the engine (gaskets, seals, piston rings, clutch friction disks and springs and new cam tensioner) and swapped out the stock front end for one off a GSXR. I'm just about ready to start on my electrical system when it dawned on me that with the front end swap I've given up my cable driven speedometer along with conventional dial gauges. Anyone know what my options are for this conundrum?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I put a Daytona Velona80 on mine. You’d there are a couple options for the speed signal and the tach signal. You can use a GPS module, or a mag pickup for the speed signal (both sold separately). And the tach can be off the coils, an inductive loop around a plug wire, or I think they sell a module to hook up the mechanical cable...,but that just seems silly.

Details and better pics are in the build thread linked in my signature.

Reactions: Augshire and OldMan

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info, looks like a decent piece. Looking for something less bulky, however if I'm unsuccessful then I'll probably buy one like that

1 - 3 of 3 Posts