Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know its a bit late but if you ever have O-ring problems again i own The O-Ring Store and my sales guys would love to help you out. and for the gaskets we have the material but we do not cut it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Honestly I don't know what brand of pods they are. They are cheap pods for sure. I will have to look into this closer. Thanks for all the advise, I will keep you posted. I am waiting for some carb gaskets & Orings which my suzuki dealer says are on back order, however another small local small bike shop laughed and said they'll be on back order forever so I'm not to sure I will even get them.... That's why I wonder if I should just be looking for a different carb.

I get what your saying Witworth, basically, if it works don't fix it right.... Well I'm a mechanic by trade, not a motorcycle mechanic but I do work with gas engines everyday & I may not be able to tell anyone in a scientific way, how the airflow & fuel atomization gets done when passing through a BS 34 carb body but I do believe that no matter what the only thing that matters is that when the fuel & air show up at the intake valves door step it needs to be the right ratio and atomized, I doubt that the only carb able to do the job is a BS 34. I have a Honda shadow for when I want to ride a 400 mile day, the Cafe is just my tinker toy and who knows maybe I can make my own air box out of my Grandfathers old steel lunch box and it'll work perfect. Sometime the fun part about building a bike is understanding what needs to happen and then getting it done "thinking outside the box" no pun intended. atleast that's the fun part for me. I hear what your saying Withworth and if it were my Honda shadow I would agree 110%, but for the Cafe, I'm going to rebel and leave that air box on the swap meet table and find something cool that'll work. :cool:

I'll keep you posted.
Well said ,and I'm glad the tipical you cant use anything other than the stock air box people who always seem to chime in first didn't scare you away. There are many people useing pods and have bikes that run better than with the stock air box.(everybody that races) In fact these bike ran lean brand new and need modification just to run good from jump. They also seem a bit.jerky to me . Anyways I haven't read the rest of this post . I always get to this point feel the need to chime in. .

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Well said ,and I'm glad the tipical you cant use anything other than the stock air box people who always seem to chime in first didn't scare you away. There are many people useing pods and have bikes that run better than with the stock air box.(everybody that races) In fact these bike ran lean brand new and need modification just to run good from jump. They also seem a bit.jerky to me . Anyways I haven't read the rest of this post . I always get to this point feel the need to chime in. .
Considering he hasn’t chimed in on this forum in 6 years, there’s nothing to indicate he ever got anywhere with this.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts