Cafe Racer Forum banner
101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1982 kz440a
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
I scored a gsxr clutch perch with a crg lever on ebay for $15.00 clearly pulled from a wreck or at least a nasty drop
Automotive tire Gas Machine tool Machine Wood
after some persuasion I got it fairly straight then went about working on the adjuster
Guitar accessory String instrument Musical instrument String instrument accessory Electronic instrument
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Tire Tread
Wood Gas Automotive tire Bumper Concrete

Did u guys ever take one of those apart? The ball bearing detents are a pain in the ass...
Road surface Asphalt Scaled reptile Tar Concrete

Kz750 lever switch cables are not removable, instead of cutting them and crimping slide terminals i just disable the clutch safety switch
Tobacco Office supplies Gas Cigarette Soil
Fluid Cable Gas Electrical wiring Auto part

Didn't have time to weigh the wires that were deleted but this mod will probably add about 5hp+
Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Leg

Now I'm popping wheelies and beeping at hoes and telling stories about the time "I had to lay her down" .....so fucking hip!

There's nothing cooler than anodized road rash. I spent all the money I saved on an oem breather hose:
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

And if there was any doubt that the bike runs different with the entire stock intake intact, I can prove it by citing the fact that my idle speed dropped 200rpms when I put this on. It really is a whole fucking system. The tiniest change will upset a/f ratio. I'm gonna have to set the fuel screws and balance the carbs again cause I'm anal.

·
Registered
1982 kz440a
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
In case anyone was in a similar situation (trying to source hagon shocks in the US) mike from: Home is the only hagon dealer who has returned any of my e-mails. I'm having a pair of single rate shocks built to my weight/riding preference. I never found a definitive answer as to the length of the original shocks, but I think they're less than 13" (current length) because the rear tire still makes contact with the ground when it's on the center stand. I'd like the tallest shock possible, 14" would likely interfere with the exhaust. I'm thinking 13" (330mm) is the max
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Gas Nut Auto part
. Opinions?

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Its coming along well. Glad you're going the direction you are!

Reactions: HipsterSquid

·
Registered
1982 kz440a
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Got rid of the cheap led headlight
Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Wheel Window

And the utterly horrible turnsignals and the wimpy crg clutch lever

Bought a set of oem 1976 turn signals off a kz400 (for the stems) put the original handle bar mount kz750 signals on the stems
Wood Coin Button Metal Currency

I'm glad cataclysm told me muscle bikes are cool. Flexing super hard now:
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
It's coming along.

The best thing is that it's super easy to make it look cool when you play into it's strengths.

If you're bored, some WD-40 and fine sandpaper will give your engine cases a really awesome brushed aluminum look.

101 - 111 of 111 Posts