Cafe Racer Forum banner
21 - 40 of 73 Posts

One of the top two links should have some info.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
theres a web site for that, pick your bike. find out which forks will fit. buy your bearings. buy your forks..chances are there will be several front ends that will fit your bike without mod’ing the triple tree, if those 900 forks wont fit without mods, junk em and find ones that will, push the easy button.
And what site is that ? o_O

Discussion starter · #23 ·

One of the top two links should have some info.
Awesome !!

It's a promo bike, the company who made this bike is called Moose Motodesign

If you don't already know this channel it's the perfect opportunity to discover it, great contents

It's a promo bike, the company who made this bike is called Moose Motodesign

If you don't already know this channel it's the perfect opportunity to discover it, great contents

If they build useless crap like the swamp donkey then I have no interest. When I see that swamp donkey you posted all I can picture is the stacks of money it took to build a motorcycle that doesn't do anything well. I hate the look of it so, too me, it doesn't even sit still well.

i think
If they build useless crap like the swamp donkey then I have no interest. When I see that swamp donkey you posted all I can picture is the stacks of money it took to build a motorcycle that doesn't do anything well. I hate the look of it so, too me, it doesn't even sit still well.
i think/hope this feel good thread is about to end.

• Haha
Reactions: Classic250
Discussion starter · #26 ·
Racer TV is a cafe racer channel, they just present bikes

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Found the 2 BALLS STEERING BEARING I need ( 99-3509-5 & 99-3515-5 ) Tomorrow I'll mesure both bikes frame necks, I suppose that will give me a ruff idea if the swap is possible just by buying bearings ( would be great !!)

Discussion starter · #31 ·
For now yes indeed, Got my bike from the Netherlands and got to go with it 100% stock to the Belgian Yamaha importer to get a Belgian registration, so I can't do a thing on it before that.

So I'm kind of stuck, I'm designing parts, can't print them yet because I don't have the exact measurements, so I'm collecting info about front end and rear shock, that's done...

I'll post pics as soon as I've got something to show.

If the emblem bracket sits below the surface of the main tank profile lead fill it and bodywork to suit.

If it sits proud you could very and i mean very carefully drill the spot welds with a specific spot weld drill to remove.

I would still expect to have to do a bit of welding after drilling.
Then you could actually plate over the void.

Welding tanks can be/is dangerous if not done properly. You basically make a small bomb.
Read up carefully on how to prep it or get a pro willing and able. Willing being the operative word as many welders will not want to weld a tank they haven't made inert.

From a styling point of view a tank looks better imo with the original emblems in place

I'd say, if you have to ask how to do it, you should bring it to a professional/body shop

Discussion starter · #38 ·
thanks for the answers.

I know how I would proceed, grind the bracket until it's flush with the tank and than bondo it smooth.

But maybe there's a "trick" I don't know about, reason why I ask, I know it's spot welded, drill it out is quite to risky for me, and since I can't weld...

With the amount of movement with temperature and the weight of the fuel sloshing around i would bet that bondo would crack if applied thick enough to cover that void.

Thats why i mentioned lead filling.

I could be wrong and it would be fine but an expensive lesson ro learn after a pricey paint job has been applied over it.

Fill it with JB Weld

21 - 40 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.