Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
we really need a vomiting emoji. I mean every other forum has it, why can't we have one here. Sometimes there is no other expression than a smiley face letting go of some icky green stomach splat.

I hate almost everything about that bike. The one thing I don't hate are the dual piston calipers which sadly are honda's doing and not the owner. As someone who has pancaked a DOHC cb750F I can tell you that thing must handle like flung feces. Why can't these people just find something else already? the next thing I am not looking forward to are the "Darryl clones" that are stating to show up and people calling them cafe racers. ugh.

141003_CM6741_frontangle.jpg

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
I kinda like the walking dead bike.

honestly.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
By the way, it's me or in the show Daryl's bike doesn't sounds like a 4 cylinder Honda.
it is NOT you. people expect dirt bikes to sound like popcorn two strokes even if they are build out of big heavy 4cyl 4 stroke superbikes.

·
Registered
10,510 Posts
Looks like fun!

Reactions: captaintrips

·
Registered
7,015 Posts

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I see this bike is in San Diego. Maybe the fellow who posted on here that has $3K to spend will get it. Does look a little better than that XS400 yamaha he was considering.

But, how much rear suspension travel does this bike have? Maybe an inch? I wonder if the rear fender is attached to the swing arm so that it moves with the wheel/tire. that is how the "soft tail" type suspension is set up, Correct?

Guess I am just a crotchity old guy. Form before function just makes no sense to me anymore.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
the fender is hardmounted to the frame, you can see the bolt heads. FWIW with the exception of the the "rocker", HD softails have the fender attached to the frame as well and not the swingarm.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Geeto,

That does not give hardly any fender clearance, does it? Maybe I am missing something?

Jack
Take a good look at that rear fender:

2014-Harley-Davidson-FLSTFB-FatBoyLo1.jpg

It doesn't look like it but it is actually massive. Notice that if you follow the edge of the tire around that it probably only comes up to the bottom of the fender support? There has to be at least 4 inches of travel above it for the tire to move. because of the design and how everything is proportioned it looks right but really those fenders have a lot of space and a deep sidewall. seriously look at how wide that side skirt it off the bike:

I have heard of guys lowering their softails and hitting fender, but not on a stock bike inless you piled a 400 lb fat chick on the back and she blew out your shocks.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Thanks Geeto, but I was not clear that I was referring to the "cafe" bike pictured in the start of the the thread. If that fender is frame mounted it looks like it would rub the tire over every little bump. That is why I thought it was fasted to the sprung part of the rear end, not the frame.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Thanks Geeto, but I was not clear that I was referring to the "cafe" bike pictured in the start of the the thread. If that fender is frame mounted it looks like it would rub the tire over every little bump. That is why I thought it was fasted to the sprung part of the rear end, not the frame.
Hence why we are making fun of it.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I live in Richmond and see these Classified Moto bikes running around from time to time (TWD bike was one of theirs). I really don't pay much attention to them, mostly because i can't tell them apart with the extremely consistent signature look they give them. I applaud the guy for ditching his job in advertising to try something new and fun but the bikes...meh. Definitely worse bikes out there but just not my bag.

This CB900F though, its pretty terrible. Changing parts for the sake of changing parts is what I see.

·
Registered
7,015 Posts
I live in Richmond and see these Classified Moto bikes running around from time to time (TWD bike was one of theirs). I really don't pay much attention to them, mostly because i can't tell them apart with the extremely consistent signature look they give them. I applaud the guy for ditching his job in advertising to try something new and fun but the bikes...meh. Definitely worse bikes out there but just not my bag.

This CB900F though, its pretty terrible. Changing parts for the sake of changing parts is what I see.
What CB900F?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've seen some stupid crap in my time, but damn. What a complete waste. Whoever had the idea to do this needs a serious beat down.

Reactions: Old Nail

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I think that Daryl's bike is supposed to be a scrambler. It has that post apocalypse look for sure

1 - 20 of 21 Posts