Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,545 Posts
what are you looking to get for the bike?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well it sold for $3650 to a guy in Maine. Talked to him on the phone and he didn't seem like a sketch so i think this will end well. I told him about this joint so he could learn from all you characters and not just the tonup crew. anyway, really happy about it! and i'm ready to start on my xs650 hardtail as soon as the check clears.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I must say that may be the nicest CX I have ever seen - those bikes are nice, handle well and are pretty fast or the amount of weight per cc.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Awesome pics. What kind of camera are you using? Also how did you do the black "spotlight" pic? Damn good price for the bike too. Congrats.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I am in awe....over $3000. I am not sure who got the better bargain in this deal - you basically sold a less than $500 original price bike for over $3000, but at the same time if you were to compute your labor as shop time the buyer still made out because you had some serious hours and fab in that thing.

good for you pamp.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
BTW - i want the number for your seat guy - he did an awsome job and I want a similar thing on one of my seats.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the seat is half Cb360 gas tank / half lowes sheet metal. i layered the inside with fiberglass to make it stronger and resist bending. the upholstery work was down locally by King's Auto Upholstery. www.kingsautoupholstery.com 540-344-0718. pricey, i paid $170 for the upholstery job and actually changed my mind and called them to come pick it up before they had got started. my message didn't get relayed and when i went to pick it up they had it done. but i was so happy with the way it turned out i didn't complain. I don't mind paying a lot of money if the job is worth it. and i liked supporting my local community at the same time too.
but they are good people and do good work.
let me know if you end up sending a seat to them to do. And tell them that the guy with the red motorcycle seat sent you so maybe i'll get a break on my next one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts