Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
You can tell all that from those little pictures even without a side by side shot of a stock port? You're afuckingmazing, or dense that you think a 12:1 1327 is going to suffer from a lack of bottom end.

Right on OP/builder dude. I wouldn't have put a sidewinder on it but I understand selection's limited for available pipes.

I don't remember which GSXR wheels go in the stock swingarm easily. You'll want to do that at some point. GS Resources is probably your friend there.

Post back when you dyno it.
I didn't read the back story and I'm no expert in porting but I don't believe high compression and large displacement are any guarantee of bottom end grunt.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I know I'm late to this post, i just picked up a 1980 GS1100E and am looking to cafe, just wondering where you might have got ahold of the wiring diagram for cluster so i can swap this brick, also where you got parts. i am coming up short on a lot of places. someone swapped a vance and hines onto the one i have but its basically rusted junk and i cant find exhaust parts except for that. and i want to run dual mufflers. cant find a 2 piece or just a manifold. any info will be greatly appreciated. IMG_5678.JPG

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
They came with dual exhaust. Hindle make a vintage 4to1.

I hope your not chopping the bike it looks like it could be something nice. First 140mph bike I was ever on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry guys been busy this is the first year im not building and just plain old enjoyng (altought thats alie beacuse i still managed ro rebuld a nice Jeep LJ =).

so the GS Dynoed in with 162 RWHP and 81 ft lbs of torque but and that's a big BUT!!! its making so much power the stock clutch cant handle it so I need to throw in a lock up kit in it to really see what she does. Dyno guy thinks she may do over 180 which would be just insane!!! running on Sunnoco 110 about 1000 miles on here and no issues so far. She scares the shit out of me everytime I take her out.

you should be able to track down my V&H 4 into on ebay for around $300.00

any questions email me [email protected]

ive been having a ton of fun on the ktm 990 Adventure bike as well this summer. Nothing like 130hp dirtbike to tear up the dirt roads!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry guys been busy this is the first year im not building and just plain old enjoyng (altought thats alie beacuse i still managed ro rebuld a nice Jeep LJ =).

so the GS Dynoed in with 162 RWHP and 81 ft lbs of torque but and that's a big BUT!!! its making so much power the stock clutch cant handle it so I need to throw in a lock up kit in it to really see what she does. Dyno guy thinks she may do over 180 which would be just insane!!! running on Sunnoco 110 about 1000 miles on here and no issues so far. She scares the shit out of me everytime I take her out.

you should be able to track down my V&H 4 into on ebay for around $300.00

any questions email me [email protected]

ive been having a ton of fun on the ktm 990 Adventure bike as well this summer. Nothing like 130hp dirtbike to tear up the dirt roads!!!

What brand/model is the rear tire? Bike looks great.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Finally completed over the past couple weeks thanks to COVID19 grounding me. Riden to a couple bike nights and dropped alot of jaws this summer, ill try to get a video of her running sooner or later.

1982 GS1327 with 12:1 compression and a with tractor like pull
MTC Stage 3 lockup with EBC race plates and springs
COPE Head
MIKUNI RS38 carbs
V&H DRAG Exhaust
07 Busa front end and brakes
100% new wiring harness with Dyna S ignition
Ohlins rears (traction and feel are superb)
Ported Head with stock cam installed (race cam also but to aggressive for street)
Acewell speedo
Complete bike tear down and rebuild
All parts are powder coated or anodized
No doubt the quickest old school cafe around.

If your interested in custom builds and restorations feel free to reach out but good work aint cheap nor fast.

Attachments

21 - 30 of 30 Posts