My 1982 GS750E does not want to rev while under load (on the street with rider). It starts, idles and revs to 8K+ RPM on the bench or if I pull in the clutch while in motion. But while riding, it is extremely underpowered and will not rev past 3 - 4K RPM and has no power. See list of what has been done below, educated suggestions are welcomed:
- Stock exhaust, airbox and new air filter
- Stock carb settings, recently cleaned and rebuilt (replaced all jets, etc.)
- Brand new Dyna ignition, coils, plug wires and coil relay mod. Huge blue spark all cylinders.
- Ignition advance works freely
- 12.6V to the coils at 3K+ RPM (I know, could be higher but this should be plenty)
- Fuel flow is fine, not a plugged vent on the tank and vacuum line from carb to petcock is fine
- 160+ PSI compression for all cylinders
- Does not surge at idle or backfire on decel
- Plugs appear to be slightly on the lean side, all four look identical.
- New battery and spark plugs
- Timing marks on cams align, timing is set, cam chain nice and snug (tensioner works freely) no noise or rattling from top end.
- Valves are all adjusted properly.