Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1982 honda nighthawk drag bars and tank clearance

Hey there i stumbled across this forum while looking at drag bars for my bike, its a 1982 honda nighthawk CB750SC. i want to put drag bars on it but im not sure about clearence, it looks like the bars them selves would clear the tank, but the cables may ding into it at full lock, and the risers seem to be built into the bike. so what did you guys do to get around this? just dont full lock the bars?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
go to a superbike bend bar. It's got 1" rise and less pullback than a typical drag bar. It will also give you more leverage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
okay i put those ones on watch on ebay and im gonna pick them up in the next few days. ill let yall know how they turn out! thanks everyone

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good day everyone.

Hi I'm Rex, I own a 2014 Honda CB500F ABS and absolutely love it. I added a tremendous amount of work into it, being that when I bought it, it was missing key parts and the stator was a mess. But after some time I have completely rebuilt it and am verry proud of the outcome. But I always, always wanted a Café Racer. Sadly mu coworkers aunt husband passed away and left her a 1982 Honda CB450SC Nighthawk. She saw the completed picture of my bike "Midnight" and asked me if I would like to buy her late husband's bike. I was past elated, finally. A new project my dream bike. I would like to know where exactly to start. The bike is stock the only thing the previous owner added was a windshield, so I would like to know where would be a good place to start. Thank you gor all you future help.

Regards. Rex Mirgan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts