Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This bike is a 1982 VF 750 S V45 Sabre, which is approx. 90% complete. Also included (if desired) is a 1983 parts bike (not shown, same model) which will not complete the '82, but has a few parts that have been taken over. Also included are several spare parts, such as lights, unpainted gas tank, electrical mapping, manual. This is a great project bike with a working speedometer cluster (which is difficult to find!) and will not take too much work to complete. I have had it examined by Esoteric Cycles in South SF, and they say all that is left is some specific electrical work and taking out a minor crimp in the cooling pipe.

Unfortunately I don't have the time I thought I'd have to work on it, I'm also moving soon, so although the 750 is close I need to offload a bunch of items. I have the the clean title and latest registration paperwork (which is from a few years ago).

The bikes are currently in a shop in South San Francisco, we can arrange for pick-up or delivery to the city or South Bay. I'm asking $400.

What she was going to look like: http://cl.ly/102r3G0Y233O
1982 VF 750 S V45 Sabre specs and photos: 1982 Honda VF 750 S V45 Sabre specifications and pictures

750.jpg gauge-cluster.jpg parts.JPG

·
Registered
1 Posts
This bike is a 1982 VF 750 S V45 Sabre, which is approx. 90% complete. Also included (if desired) is a 1983 parts bike (not shown, same model) which will not complete the '82, but has a few parts that have been taken over. Also included are several spare parts, such as lights, unpainted gas tank, electrical mapping, manual. This is a great project bike with a working speedometer cluster (which is difficult to find!) and will not take too much work to complete. I have had it examined by Esoteric Cycles in South SF, and they say all that is left is some specific electrical work and taking out a minor crimp in the cooling pipe.

Unfortunately I don't have the time I thought I'd have to work on it, I'm also moving soon, so although the 750 is close I need to offload a bunch of items. I have the the clean title and latest registration paperwork (which is from a few years ago).

The bikes are currently in a shop in South San Francisco, we can arrange for pick-up or delivery to the city or South Bay. I'm asking $400.

What she was going to look like: http://cl.ly/102r3G0Y233O
1982 VF 750 S V45 Sabre specs and photos: 1982 Honda VF 750 S V45 Sabre specifications and pictures

View attachment 2874 View attachment 2875 View attachment 2876
Do you still have the gas tank and the speedometer and headlights and can you sell them to me? Sorry im not quite sure how to use this websitw

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
Use the website?
how about learn how to read dates!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Use the website?
how about learn how to read dates!
Jag, please! Be fair. He said he doesn't know how to use the website, did it even occur to you that perhaps it took him over two years to post that reply?

Seriously dude, think before you post. Sheesh...

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
To be honest I don't even think its unfair to ask some of us if we still have a project bike lingering two years after a for sale ad anyway. :D

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
To be honest I don't even think its unfair to ask some of us if we still have a project bike lingering two years after a for sale ad anyway. :D
One of us? sure.
But the one post wonder if a sabre project?

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
They are just ghosts in the shell man. :p

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
At least the asking price was not crazy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts