Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,first post here. So a brief introduction. Im 19 and have been on my Sinnis (yeah it's Chinese) for over a year now and really enjoy riding and playing about on it.

I recently got my hands on this 1983 Honda CB125 frame, tank, swing arm, back wheel, shocks (I know there upside down in the pic), and end can as i want to attempt doing a cafe racer build and got a great deal on this lot so i bought it. this will be my first build so will be taking in all the advice given to me. iv'e got a long way to go but ill hopefully be getting a donor bike soon so that should help with a few of the parts.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the project.

Thanks,

- Jez

15064182_10209596876912888_1375215775_o.jpg

15338640_1332808070095769_1508922379041435080_n.jpg

·
Registered
23,294 Posts
this will be my first build so will be taking in all the advice given to me.

View attachment 42817

First piece of advice: Go sell these parts and buy a complete motorcycle.

This wouldn't have even been a good deal if it was free for what you want to do.

·
Banned
1,393 Posts

·
Banned
1,393 Posts
Yea but if he built around those 3 things he'd have a bike that could smoke a lot of bikes that didnt expect to get smoked. Those marzocchi forks would be the start of an extreme transition from moped to racebike.... Aim high!!

he already has a bike, he's starting from nearly scratch, why not go for something incredible?

·
Banned
1,393 Posts
Clean slate! The frame is the perfect platform to start with, since it already accommodates so many engines! The tank is awesome, and the swingarm is total trash so might as well throw that away anyway!!

I'd LOVE to have that in my possesion. I even have a couple motors here for it and the usd triples already.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Buy a 200cc lifan motor (bolt in), USD pitbike front end(nearly bolt in), an extended aluminum CRF50 swingarm(easily adaptable minus the monoshock frame work) and brace the fuck out of the frame. USD monoshock cb200 thumper AKA wheelie machene baybay

heres your engine LIFAN 200CC 5 SPEED ENGINE MOTOR CDI MOTORCYCLE DIRT BIKE GO KART M EN25-SET | eBay

here's your forks NEW Marzocchi Shiver D35 Pit Bike Forks Dual rebound compression adjustments

heres your swingarm Crf xr 50 Crf50 Xr50 Red Baron Racing Chromoly extended +2"swingarm Mx style | eBay
Lol ill be getting a donor bike with a few bits missing for less than the price of those forks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First piece of advice: Go sell these parts and buy a complete motorcycle.

This wouldn't have even been a good deal if it was free for what you want to do.

Yeah I see what you mean, ill be selling most of these parts and ill already have my money back at that point, i only really plan on keeping the frame, swing-arm and tank. and the donor bike is pretty much complete and only needs the gaskets changed and a good clean so ill see how things go.

·
Banned
1,393 Posts
wait a minute

donor bike?

so this is the main bike, and the other is the donor bike?

um

now that i think about it

i actually cant wait to see that

why are you calling it the donor bike if its the one that has all the good parts already? is it stolen or bent or something?

you know you dont have to go with marzocchis to get good usd forks. it was just a suggestion.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
wait a minute

donor bike?

so this is the main bike, and the other is the donor bike?

um

now that i think about it

i actually cant wait to see that

why are you calling it the donor bike if its the one that has all the good parts already? is it stolen or bent or something?

you know you dont have to go with marzocchis to get good usd forks. it was just a suggestion.
yeah i know how it sound's, the frames bent on the donor bike, but this ones straight but i need to weld on a frame loop and reinforce it but apart from that it's all good. and lol i don't know why the tape was there but it's all solid underneath.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the vin says its 125!! smooth the cc stamp on the motor. how will they ever really know?
i could but not much extra and i'd rather keep it a Honda engine. this is my first build so going to keep it fairly simple but might throw some interesting bits on it. once iv'e got my full licence ill probably build something more interesting with a bigger cc bike like a 500 or something.

·
Banned
1,393 Posts
yea not much extra, only goes from 5hp to 20hp. So yea, 400% more horsepower is not really worth it.:confused:

lifan supplies engines for honda

1 - 17 of 17 Posts