Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my little neice Kerry on my Z650 chop, this is the 1st bike i ever built, i bought it as a stock Z650 , i learnt to weld and did all the modifications myself.

·
Registered
658 Posts
That's pretty damn cool, extremely cool for it being the first bike modified. You see a lot of the plate side panels on home bikes now also. Did you ever go full on Hard Tail?

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i never went down the hardtail route altho quite a few friends did.

·
Registered
658 Posts
It's very San fran, put some rabbit ears on it, change the place of the tank bung and add some fish scales and you'd have the whole pict. Too bad we can't make mods on bikes that only exist in our past.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
Kerry has to be about 35 now......how about a picture of her on one of your current bikes?

I know.....I'm a weirdo!

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
haha , she doesnt live around here anymore but il defo try for you next time shes visiting .

·
Registered
585 Posts
You can make anything look good when you park it next to a Lada!

·
Registered
658 Posts
In the black picture it looks like you got rid of the neck gussets... or is that just the angle? It also looks like you put some shorter forks on the bike, trying to pick up a little more performance?

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
similar to a mullet but it was a biker haircut in the 80's called 'a roadrat cut'.

·
Official Site Vendor
4,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
quote:Originally posted by Pluto

In the black picture it looks like you got rid of the neck gussets... or is that just the angle? It also looks like you put some shorter forks on the bike, trying to pick up a little more performance?
i raked the headstock out a few degrees and fitted shorter forks, the long forked chopper look had worn out over here and the short squat look was in. Yorkshire seemed to have its own styles of bike come and go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts