Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read several ways to modify the Shadow exhaust, but mine has the pipes out both sides. Does anyone know the procedure for baffle removal for a 1984 VT700?

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Don't.
Runs like shit without a lot of carb mods.
Loud pipes make you a jerk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got this bike and am not thinking about modifying the exhaust, I am trying to find out if it has been modifyed. It does not run yey and has been sitting for 5 years, I have found carbs and the parts I need, they will be here later this week. I guess I will just wait and see how loud it is.
Now if you can get your foot out of your mouth and get helpful, it would be much better.
I looked into the pipes with a flashlight and it looks like maybe somw may have punched a hole way down inside.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
What did you google to find here?
you ride a shadow and want to ask a technical question about a shadow and yet you come to a cafe site?
why not google shadow forum?
don't you think those guys can help you better?

You came here and asked a stupid question.
Maybe a well worded post about what ever dumb idea you have about your bike?
Pics of the crap you are talking about?
the bike doesn't even run and your worried about what someone may or may not have done to the pipes are some point?

This must be one of those trolls we were just talking about

YES IT WAS A STUPID QUESTION!

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Baffles were welded in and not designed to be removed.

We isn't Dolts, we is a$$ hats wif IQ's in the sub genius range (above 80 but below 90 :D)
I've been practicing meaningless drivel.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Why don't we change this to a dictionary thread and show how smart we are with our expanded vocabularies [:eek:)]
With a dictionary, we can all be a bunch of dick's :D (that's a pun, that is ;))

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Gene, most of us here won't have any real experience with Shadows.

·
Registered
5,873 Posts
I have a shadow, damn thing pursues me everywhere. Seriously though if you have a 1984 Honda anything with stock exhausts and it hasn't been in a hermetically sealed garage since new, just remove the mufflers and give em a good shake, odds are the baffles are completely rusted and you can dump what's left of the baffles out on the garage floor and sweep em up with a broom. If you really want to dismantle the mufflers and replace the baffles with something equally restrictive, I think you will find all Honda mufflers are assembled with rivets and the only way to dismantle is to drill out the rivets.

...we prefer the term boobies to dolts

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I like Boobies :D
If I said Dic I would have to put [sic.] after it to show I knew it was a misplellinhg (sic.) ;)
Just for the fruitloops,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sic

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Personally,
I have plenty of experience with Shadows when I worked at Honda dealerships. They all sucked. They are over weight and underpowered with sloppy handling and stupid wheel sizes. The seating position is awful and the engines and exhausts sound like crap. The front brakes are ok and the rear drum is anemic at best. Finally, on the VT1100C, the points on the bottom of the fuel pump will rust up and kill the spark. That one was a bitch to diagnose.

I dare, in fact I triple dog dare, anybody to make a cafe out of one of those pigs. They make a CM400 look like a freakin race bike.

Ken

·
Registered
2 Posts
I dare, in fact I triple dog dare, anybody to make a cafe out of one of those pigs. They make a CM400 look like a freakin race bike.
Ken
Google Dime City "Payback." You can say what you want about stock shadows, but that thing is a way cooler cafe than about 90% of the dime a dozen CB360s out there

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Google Dime City "Payback." You can say what you want about stock shadows, but that thing is a way cooler cafe than about 90% of the dime a dozen CB360s out there
Too bad it is still a shit bike. Now it is just a really pretty shit bike instead of a stock shadow. I don't care for cb360's either.

a honda shadow is a good bike for what it is, the japanese muscle cruiser attempt to take sales from HD. Performance bike? not on your life. Project fodder for a cafe racer? only if your definition of cafe racer is a chopper with low bars.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Holy thread revival, Batman!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
"A full on Dunstall tribute"..........
The feeling of power and torque when piloting the finished machine is quite indescribable. The 800cc V-Twin growls with a deep roar through the Commando mufflers and shifts with ease, pulling through every gear like a lion. Power is transmitted to the ground via the shaft drive unit for a quiet and refined ride. And the rake on the front end acts as an integrated steering stabilizer and as a result, at high speeds Payback doesn't give an inch.
0a5eaab4e516472b53d6a7ab2ae68be2.jpg

1 - 20 of 31 Posts