21 - 40 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
what a bitch

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
I'm now going to start using this line when I see a bike that looks like shit. Nice fusion concept.

I'm not sure what it means but it sure sounds good.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I know, right!

just looking at this pic gives the dormant neat freak in me fits:

It's bad when the guy who has to clean the cat piss off his motorcycles and parts before he works on them is making fun of your mess.....

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Honestly, for a rough sketch this doesn't look bad to me:

Fix the headlight/gauges and yeah, I can work with it. I'm not crazy about no front fender or the 16"(?) front wheel but nothing's perfect.

Then I see the tail that was built. FFS spend the time to build the curves you drew and put on the sketches. Would it really have taken that much longer? cuz it'd look a ton better for the rest of time...

Random thought which is completely off topic but the OP is gone so who cares. Why don't we see more TU250's being modded? They seem like a great platform to me (who's only seen one in the flesh, at a bike show, for about 5 minutes). Not manly enough? Too expensive as donors? Not enough of them out there?

Sorry, bored at work on a slow pre-holiday workday. I'll shut up now.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
Late 80's bikes had fairings to cover up a plethora of crap that you can't easily remove or re-locate.

Trying to make a cafe racer out of one is pretty dumb......but that tail piece is ultra-fail.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
now everybody knows he lives in california, and if a p.o. wants to run his plate then you know where he lives

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
It would stand to reason that the 80-90s faired sport bikes would be the next thing to move to be modded. Well they kinda already are, after a crash they get called street fighters.

That VF500 that was build on DTT was a great idea and i really loved what the guy did with it. No real performance upgrades but nothing was done to make it work less so its Ok i guess. But the final bike really had a cool, unique and interesting look to it.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jaguar

That VF500 that was build on DTT was a great idea and i really loved what the guy did with it. No real performance upgrades but nothing was done to make it work less so its Ok i guess. But the final bike really had a cool, unique and interesting look to it.
Links or pictures bitch!

·
Registered
10,541 Posts

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
That was another interesting build by that builder on DTT. His attention to detail was great as was his vision and ability to translate that to reality. But it's not a cafe racer because it's not a Honda 4. Oh shoot. It is. Ah well :)

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
That was another interesting build by that builder on DTT. His attention to detail was great as was his vision and ability to translate that to reality. But it's not a cafe racer because it's not a Honda 4. Oh shoot. It is. Ah well :)

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Teazer

It's not a cafe racer because carpy didn't shit it out onto this earth fully formed with checkerboard stripes and 59 club stickers. Oh it also isn't cafe because it doesn't say cafe anywhere on it!!!!

seriously though, that is a nice bike. way better than the crummy 750 ninja carrying a mailbox. I am just stone cold shocked though someone at DTT didn't have the balls to tell him it was ugly. forget functional for a minute, some ugly qualifies as a crime against humanity and that 750 ninja be it yo.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Teazer

It's not a cafe racer because carpy didn't shit it out onto this earth fully formed with checkerboard stripes and 59 club stickers. Oh it also isn't cafe because it doesn't say cafe anywhere on it!!!!

seriously though, that is a nice bike. way better than the crummy 750 ninja carrying a mailbox. I am just stone cold shocked though someone at DTT didn't have the balls to tell him it was ugly. forget functional for a minute, some ugly qualifies as a crime against humanity and that 750 ninja be it yo.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
there are a few members that would have told him that, hell they might of, but lots of things get edited/removed

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
there are a few members that would have told him that, hell they might of, but lots of things get edited/removed

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I've been kicking this around for my FZ when and if I ever get around to it. the plastics are pretty rough but it's not the priority now.
[
]

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I've been kicking this around for my FZ when and if I ever get around to it. the plastics are pretty rough but it's not the priority now.
[
]

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
That is one good looking bike.

21 - 40 of 121 Posts