·
Registered
10,541 Posts
That is one good looking bike.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jaguar

there are a few members that would have told him that, hell they might of, but lots of things get edited/removed
We may be assholes, but at least we are uncensored assholes.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by jaguar

there are a few members that would have told him that, hell they might of, but lots of things get edited/removed
We may be assholes, but at least we are uncensored assholes.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Mickey, someone used to make a one-piece tail for the FZz. Not the too short Airtech piece, one that replicated the OE sidepanels.

I think it was made by Spec II. Until recently I thought Spec II was dormant due to the fact that they never update the website. Maybe you call them and see if any of those tails still exist?

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Mickey, someone used to make a one-piece tail for the FZz. Not the too short Airtech piece, one that replicated the OE sidepanels.

I think it was made by Spec II. Until recently I thought Spec II was dormant due to the fact that they never update the website. Maybe you call them and see if any of those tails still exist?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Thanks, Ken. I'll give them a shout, maybe they'll have some old stock and cut me a deal.
I was originally thinking of buying a used tail and getting an air tech cowl and doing some FG fabwork. That way if I fuck it up I still have the original.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Thanks, Ken. I'll give them a shout, maybe they'll have some old stock and cut me a deal.
I was originally thinking of buying a used tail and getting an air tech cowl and doing some FG fabwork. That way if I fuck it up I still have the original.

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

I am just stone cold shocked though someone at DTT didn't have the balls to tell him it was ugly. forget functional for a minute, some ugly qualifies as a crime against humanity and that 750 ninja be it yo.
It's all a bit too PC and "brotherly" over at DTT for anyone to stick their neck out and say what they're thinking.

A bit like that dude with the VTR Christine thing that had the tank/tail that looked like it was slapped together at the local sheltered workshop. He got 60 odd pages of back-slapping on DTT but over here he pretty much got told he shouldn't have let his 5 year old nephew near the TIG......

·
Registered
6,586 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Geeto67

I am just stone cold shocked though someone at DTT didn't have the balls to tell him it was ugly. forget functional for a minute, some ugly qualifies as a crime against humanity and that 750 ninja be it yo.
It's all a bit too PC and "brotherly" over at DTT for anyone to stick their neck out and say what they're thinking.

A bit like that dude with the VTR Christine thing that had the tank/tail that looked like it was slapped together at the local sheltered workshop. He got 60 odd pages of back-slapping on DTT but over here he pretty much got told he shouldn't have let his 5 year old nephew near the TIG......

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
You mean he cleaned his backyard?!?

Just kidding. Apparently I am an asshole but my advice was sound? Explain that one to me someday.

The problem is that he is still trying to make it look old rather than work with what he has. Look at bikes like the monster, speed 3, buell and you can see how they handled a similar problem. Or any issue of streetfighter magazine..

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
You mean he cleaned his backyard?!?

Just kidding. Apparently I am an asshole but my advice was sound? Explain that one to me someday.

The problem is that he is still trying to make it look old rather than work with what he has. Look at bikes like the monster, speed 3, buell and you can see how they handled a similar problem. Or any issue of streetfighter magazine..

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I would have just ridden without plastics until I found them. Those old sportbikes are hard to find because they are evaporating. I have been looking for an earlyish gsxr for awhile now. I sat on one once when I was much younger. It had a blown engine. That big plump tank was pure sex. Regret not buying it. The forks were worth more than asking price.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I would have just ridden without plastics until I found them. Those old sportbikes are hard to find because they are evaporating. I have been looking for an earlyish gsxr for awhile now. I sat on one once when I was much younger. It had a blown engine. That big plump tank was pure sex. Regret not buying it. The forks were worth more than asking price.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I have been passively looking for an 86-87 750r to go with pops 1986 1000r ninja. Harder to find than an rocking horse's asshole. I remember being a kid and sitting on one in the dealer while my dad was picking up his 86 from service (about 1989). At that time supersport racing was all 750s, not 600s. By 1994 a green zx7r was the bike every street punk with a license had to have but a black and red 86 sold me that sportbikes were for "bad men" who wanted to go fast.

Honestly, if you have the money all the plastics are available from Kawasaki. Not cheap, but available. I could reskin my pop's 86 but it would cost me like $800. I buy good spares any time I find them simply because I may need them some day.

If it were my bike I would just have hung a round headlight up front. The back end (although chunky) is brilliantly designed with integrated signals and hides all of the ugly sub frame. Maybe make a cowl to hide the passenger seat and add a chin spoiler. Cover it in contingency stickers and ride the fuck out of it.

Given the condition of the OP's rear tire the clutch on that bike is probably set to explode anyway so I guess in the end who cares how ugly he makes it, it ain't like he is going to ride it for much longer.

41 - 60 of 121 Posts