Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
quote:
Hey Man, I like what you have done with this shaftie! Got one question what did your gas tank come off of just wondering ?
Gastank is a '80-'83 Yamaha XJ650 SECA (that's what the bike is).
No modifications to the tank - just paint.

If you want it to work on your honda you'll have to either replace the petcock or rig up a vacuum line to one of your carb boots (if you have nipples on them for syncing the carbs, just run a line from the vacuum port on the petcock to one of the boots - Mine's on #3). Plus making it fit (I have no idea if this is possible or how).

If your bike has vacuum operated petcock then ignore what I just said.

Hey By'

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Geeto said :everybody has their own idea of what a cafe racer is (I'm sure yours has something to do with clubmans) so there really isn't a point in asking "is my bike good cafe racer fodder?" because everybody's answer will be different

I was inspired by that dumbass "CHICA" TV biker builders idea, of drawing a new bike with his finger out of thin air and all stand around watching him like its so F...ing amazing.
I take a set of clubmans and hang them ride height, with fishing line (so you cant see the strings).And without, anybody looking at me in total amazement ,I envision my next cafe racer street bike...its fricken incredible!
Sometimes I leave them just floating like that for days just so I can fill myself with the awesome power I have to have clubmans just floating in the air waiting for my next brainstorm of a bike build.
Or until i walk into them by mistake and in a rage tearing them from their lofty perch ,throwing them clanging and skidding across the garage floor ,eyes closed and fist shaking at the ceiling "Damn YOU ....CHICA!!!

Im so far behind ,that I think Im in first.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts