Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Your four letter word vocabulary will be second to none when this project is finished.

·
Registered
33 Posts
vaasmoto I just stumbled on your build. Have you made any progress? I too picked up a 2008 BMW R1150R, with the plan of doing some kind of stripped down build to. I wont say cafe racer, because I think it would require too much reworking of the frame and electronics, and not "vintage" enough to strip down to be a "cafe racer". But I was hoping to do something closer to a modern classic look, think RnineT with a more upright comfortable positioning for longer trips and day-to-day riding.
I stripped it down to bones, removed ABS, and exhaust (catalytic converter), 100+ pounds of plastic.
Biggest issues are a tank. That original tank is god awful. Because of the fuel pump in tank, I found the K100 tank to be a good fit.
I am still cranking away and hope to have it close to road worthy in a few month.
Here's a pick from the tank hunt. Would be curious to hear how your build is going.
Grab 2.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
Lol, well, obviously not as is in the photo. That was a quick snap when I picked up the tank. It has been modified, and the frame has been modified as well. I'll post some pics of the current state of the build when I get back to shop later next week.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Lol, well, obviously not as is in the photo. That was a quick snap when I picked up the tank. It has been modified, and the frame has been modified as well. I'll post some pics of the current state of the build when I get back to shop later next week.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts