Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. I've had this bike sitting in my garage for a few years. Thought I would tackle the cafe mod now. I'm stripping out down to nothing. I've got the steering head and scratching my head. I'm trying to remove the triple tree and usually they are pretty straight forward. But for some reason this one looks different to me. Even the repair manual didn't match up with what I see. I removed the steering head nut but am confused with on how to get the lower end off. any ideas?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Nothing is holding this on now or shouldn't be.

I had a quick look at the schematic and it looks like it should come right off.

Give it a love tap from underneath with a rubber mallet.

Before you go tearing that bike apart have you had it running?
That should be priority number 1 and i highly recommended that you do not blow the bike into a thousand peices.

Chance is (depending on your experience/skill level) that it will remain like that forever eventually being sold as a "project" in boxes on ebay or taking years to finish by which point you will probably be bored of it.

If you don't have another bike to ride then keep this one running and only do jobs that will take it of the road for a minimum amount of time.
The funnest part of bikes is riding them.

Attachments

·
Registered
855 Posts
i don't recall the point of that fucked out adjustment system now, but i'm sure glad i don't have to touch those turds anymore

1 - 6 of 6 Posts