Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yesterday, yes, hate to admit it, but after flogging the crap out of it for 150 miles, my honda left me stranded on the side of the highway. in almost 100 degree heat. i poked at it for a few minutes, but just decided it was dead for now. no biggie. however, it is the first time ive been stranded and not been able to get it going again. on any machine since highschool. although, it was soo hot, i really wasnt interested in trying. it just died. cold. its home in front of my house now. maybe ill get to it. sometime....

so im arriving at my shop from a clients, running pretty close on gas, and my truck dies. this just 2 hours ago. i was actually 50' from the shop. so i push it the last few feet, figure its out of gas, but now it wont start. so my afternoon is going to be spent on the ground in the parking lot dicking with gas and my truck in 100 degree heat. fun. i guess it was just going to happen. no matter what i was on, in, or around.

figures.

maybe now you see why im such a bitter fuck.

jc

Edited by - joe c on Jul 09 2007 3:45:14 PM

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Joe...what kind of truck? If it's injected they can sometimes take a bit longer to get started again after you put gas in them.

Or if you were really running it low...might have sucked some garbage into the fuel filter.

Just had my filter replaced at the dealership for like $20...there were not signs of problems...just wanted to avoid waiting till it HAD to be replaced. Same with the main belt, battery etc. Don't want to find out something needs to be replaced on a 100 degree day...or a 20 degree day.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
checked the pump, the filter, and its shooting gas into the throttle body. it will idle really badly if i peddle it. its weird, it broke right in front of my shop. just after i got back from a 50 mile drive. its like it skipped a tooth. occasioanlly throwing flames from the carb. so the timing is fucked somehow im pretty sure. if its the chain, i was going really slowly, and never really got it going again. so hopefully if it is that, im not in too much trouble. im going to pull the cap tomorrow and look see. being as how it just died, something broke or let loose. im dreading it. my mechanic is awesome though. and i love my truck. he'll probably make me fix the upper control arm too. it has a destroyed bushing and that year they are not removable as they are welded in. so you have to get a new control arm assembly. sucks.

the good news is i got my ahrma papers today.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh yeah, when i change belts, i always put the old one under my seat. just in case. ido the battery, plugs, wire etc....all that shit in march for the begining of the race season

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
more thoughts. last week one day my truck actually stalled. but its done that in the past when starting and immediately trying to steer and drive off with the ac on. ive also been chasing a battery light. which i had assumed was the newest bad alternator i put in it. the light would come on and the guage would drop t about 10 volts. then it would jump back up again to around 14 volts. hmmmm......ive also been reading about a crank sensor.

sucky.

jc

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
My parents always had ford or dodge vans when we were growing up. And my dad was always replacing alternators in those POS.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update...more thoughts. the last gas i put in it was at the local royal farms store. (i usually never do that, but i needed a drink). they are like cumberland farms of the mid atlanic. just something else. this morning i had a chance to dump a bunch of fresh gas into the throttle body. it fired right up and ran then of course died when the gas was gone. i can see the injectors launching gas in, so i know its getting there. i put 2 gals of gas from a fuel jug i had sitting here which i know is good. im thinking maybe there is some water or some shit in the gas i bought. any thoughts?

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im not such a big fan of these type of bikes, the modern sportbike. but ross loaned me his gixxer600 streetfighter til i get my shit rollin again. i have to say, this is one fun bike. the last "modern" bike i rode was an 04 gixxer750 and it was a bit much. 140 at the rear they claimed. but this 600 seems perfect for me. managable, and plenty, i mean plenty of power for my taste. stock 104 on ross' dyno. anyway, im not converted, yet, but it was just tons of fun rolling on the power and rocketing down 95. even if i really was never going that much over the speed limit. just fun to get to walk away from everything else out there with such ease. although, getting the thing over 7k makes it sound like it wants to explode.

whats missing in this picture?

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ooops. bandwidth!

you win the boobie prize. no rear brake pedal.

he said that way i wont do wheelies.

jc

·
Registered
194 Posts
well, joe, that's what happens when you don't email me about that ride on sunday....

what kind of truck is it?

CB650, FauxCatiFT500

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its a 94 c2500. i did replaced the filter today. drained all the gas. im going to do a fuel pump tomorrow. im thinking maybe the fuel pump pressure is off. theres enough to idle it, but not enough to run it. there isnt a valve on the carb body, so i have to tap into the line at the filter. so screw it, ill just buy the pump instead of buying the guage and screwing with the fuel lines again.

the ride was good. send me over your email address, and ill get you added to our mailing list. although they are working on abbs for everyone. there are about 35 of us who ride sat and sun mornings. all kinds of bikes. old, new, sportbikes, cruisers, dual sports, whatever. its pretty laid back and fun. check www.theunholyswarm.com the guy on the video, sam, he has 2 huge propellors tattooed on his ass. like boat props. every time you turn around hes got em out. pretty hilarious. we started as a group of about 10, and now its just getting bigger and bigger. and more people show up every weekend to ride. we usually stop for coffee, or lunch someplace. or even brunch in hapden at rocket to venus. there is a party planned at the end of the summer even. so its pretty fun. also, the shorttrack races start a week from tomorrow.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ill get you added to the list. im warning you though. until the board is up, theres alot of bullshit back and forth. they are a great group of guys. dirty bikers, on old bikes, and exec types with shiny sportbikes.

alot of the local bar and restaraunt owners, so theres always good food involved!

jc

·
Registered
194 Posts
as long as they don't wipe their ducatis with diapers, i'll be ok with that crowd.

CB650, FauxCatiFT500

1 - 16 of 16 Posts