Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who's going where for 2006?

I was thinking of Daytona with the TZ, but there's only one class I can race that in with AHRMA. And they allow modern 250 GP bikes in that class... So Daytona doesn't look too tempting to me anymore.

Jennings with WERA was a hoot, but that's one helluva drive for Jennings.

I was thinking of hitting the following tracks in 2006:
VIR, Beaver Run, Mosport

I'll do a few of the USCRA events as well, but I'm going to skip the event with the vintage cars. I hate dealing with all the crap they always drop on the track. Besides, I'd like to something other than NHIS.

When was that combined WERA/USCRA event Karl was talking about? Was that a Summit? Anyone have their schedule planned out for next year?

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
TZ would be a blast at Mosport...open that baby right up. Beaver would be kind of scary on it...fast and scary.

JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
rob,

yeah that's for summit, but only if the track can spare an extra date. come on down to summit and skip beaverun. better vintage turnout at summit and a track you'll like better.

i'll see you there.

tex

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I haven't decided on Daytona yet but am definately doing VIR. I going to do the following:

Northeast with WERA
USCRA schedule
And Mid-O with AHRMA

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:
I haven't decided on Daytona yet but am definately doing VIR. I going to do the following:
Northeast with WERA
USCRA schedule
And Mid-O with AHRMA
Yeah, a repaved Mid-O sounds interesting, but the whole lack-of-classes for my bikes sucks. I can only do so many race events, so I won't do the whole WERA and USCRA schedules, just tracks that look interesting to me. I'm not racing for class championships anymore.

Which VIR event are y'all running? The March event, or the August event?

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And can one of y'all wera people tell whomever to update the damn weravintage.org website? Last update was 2004. Some of the pages 2003.
Or is that a dead site now?

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I think where WERA Vintage was taken back over by WERA its a dead site. I do see the vintage results and info on the regular WERA site. I'm not sure, I'm not a real wERA guy.

I like most WERAs tracks. I'll opt from a AHRMA mid-o for the WERA mid-o if you go to that one.

Aaron

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I'm planning on racing in 500GP on my 450, and possibly singles on my XL600 wherever I can. Gotta do a roadrace skool...any suggestions? I may do Penguin, but it's pretty bucks up. Got my son and a freind in Maine to get into it too, so we may try an enduro somewhere...
Probably NHIS will be the home track next year. Hope to join some of youse in the US Cattle Ropers Assoc races. (http://www.uscra.com)

Unga, what bike(s)/classes are you racing? Just curious.

FR

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quote:
I'm planning on racing in 500GP on my 450, and possibly singles on my XL600 wherever I can. Gotta do a roadrace skool...any suggestions? I may do Penguin, but it's pretty bucks up. Got my son and a freind in Maine to get into it too, so we may try an enduro somewhere...
Probably NHIS will be the home track next year. Hope to join some of youse in the US Cattle Ropers Assoc races. (http://www.uscra.com)
George Decamp runs a vintage race school at NHIS you should attend. I don't have any of the details, but someone here might.

It'll be good to see a real 500GP bike in 500GP instead of CB350s and Duc 350s. Maybe I'll un-street my CB450 and join you. I have some big bore pistons for it that'll bring it out to 480something, but I haven't done that yet.

quote:
Unga, what bike(s)/classes are you racing? Just curious.
I have the whole line of Yamaha bikes.
I've been racing RD350s for years now, mostly in the Middleweight supervintage and Formula-2. I'm picking up Frank's TZ350 sometime soon for Formula-1.

Fast = good. I can hide my crappy race lines with horsepower.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I hope to do as many different tracks and dates as possible. With any luck, and all my cash my CB175 will be nearly as fast as my Derbi, with worse brakes and handling.. ;)

Cheers, A.D.
USCRA #889

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Cool. I dig the Yamaha scene, just don't have a suitable machine.

I was tempted to go big bore on the 450, but I was concerned about going down on compression. Also can't afford to get into the typical "arms race" that happens when you get too deep into the points thing, so I'm going to try to be content with a mild build for now. Mostly head work, exhaust and jetting, and severe weight loss on the frame.

Don't know if ROSKO's going to be out there, but it'd be cool if we had some more bro's to race/howl & drink with.

FR

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Yeah, I can imagine you do...and I'm sure it's worth what you're asking for it, and it's a better racebike than what I'm building, but I'm already committed on this CB450 project.
Only way I can afford to do this is to pull the bikes outa the dumpster and put my time into 'em. Otherwise I'd be on a TZ.

FR

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
I'm going to do a few in the begining of the season depending on the status of 1993 pistons for the RS, but I'm planning to focus mostly on 200gp and 500gp.

Aaron

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
USCRA and Mid Ohio for me this year.

Concentrating on Ultra Lightweight Super Vintage and what
what ever class that is in ARHMA.

Champ

·
Registered
8,067 Posts
Good answer...

I am looking forward to running my 4 stroker against your 2 smoker in ULT. That might be fun only for the first race, but that's cool.

Aaron

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
I am giving the Ducati a year off and I will be running a Yamaha TA125. I know not the fastest,hard to get parts etc. I was fortunate enough to aquire the bike and I am doing a complete resto this winter
keeping it STOCK. I am at the point where I don't care where I finish and hopefully I'll have a good race with somebody. As you said before "I used to be fast". Besides I have enough trophys that I could supply the club for a year.

Champ

1 - 20 of 54 Posts