Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm not one to take too many pictures and this event was not a "vintage" or "cafe racer" event but there were a few bikes of interest I thought I could share.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts

is it actually possible for a man (with a pair of gonads) to actually ride one of these?

sling em over your shoulder?

are these built for neanderthal or aboriginal mutants that have jelly for spines (wrists/arms) too?

·
Registered
546 Posts
I know I sound dumb but what type of bike is that first bike? Is it an SR500?

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i like the harley. i dont know why. the frame and gas tank are pretty cool looking i think.

the srx is kick ass. i would love that bike. one of the few bikes ive seen that i look at and wish i had. too cool. love the pipe.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
zoulou, im pretty sure that bikes an srx6 in a different frame. it never had a tube frame. it could be some jap only model though.

jc

·
Registered
546 Posts
Thanks joe. That is a dead sexy bike.

·
Registered
692 Posts
That's not an SRX . An SRX is a dual piper thumper and has a square tubed frame . That's more like an sr ,xt or tt500 streeted out and done very proper . Regardless it's fucking nice .

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
It is an SR. Looks to be a modified stock frame with aftermarket swing arm and front forks. It is totally cool, too.

Ken

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
looks like the bottom has a collector for a 4v head. but its really hard to tell. thats why i guessed srx. the srx, sr500, and xt's are pretty much the same bottom ends. im not up on the xt's but youre right, looks like a converted dirtbike!!! which is bad assed. the sr had a rear disk and the mc for it was like 1" from where that one is mounted. and i see no reason for that to have had the bracket hacked, then moved to the other side of the frame tube, when it shouldnt have been in the way. that loop under the exhaust has me a little puzzled, but its still a rad bike. and yeah, i mentioned the srx didnt have a tube frame, but id bet the srx would fit the xt. that would be cool setup. too bad we cant see the other side.

someones got alot of yamaha parts though eh??

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Its an SR, XT, or TT. The SRX had a casting beside the kick start lever for the for the exhaust valve lifter. An automatic compression release of sorts. Worked great. Took all the will it or will it not kick back out of starting.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
kenessex is spot on with his guess. i'm pretty sure the SR is the only bike that that DELL-SARA shop works with and there are plenty nice examples of their work running around this city. this has got to be my favorite though. and joe i tried to get to the other side to get a picture but they had that damn food vendors tent too close, and that "loop" is i'm pretty sure the license plate mount.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts