Well just as you described Classic I've experienced the same improvements.... I'm very satisfied.After I installed it, I noticed an immediate change in the bikes behavior. No choppiness/snatchiness around idle and take off, and less exhaust popping on decel. There is still some popping but that's because the exhaust has been decat-ed and I'm running aftermarket cans.
If there's just one complaint I have it would be it did affect my fuel economy. Reading all over most folks said they noticed nothing to minimal changes in MPG..... I one the other hand am experiencing a solid 10% drop in MPG. Previously I could go a little over 155 miles til empty (found out the hard way a couple of times) but now about 135 miles or so. It's not a deal breaker.
On a different note I went to the dealer for a new rear tire. I ordered a Scorcher 11 but I guess the young lady heard Scorcher 31 instead...... so now I have a touring/cruising tire for the rear. She was very apologetic and gave me half off the cost so I went along my merry way thinking I would just ride the heck out of this rear tire....wear it quickly.......then go with a matching set of Michelin Pilot Powers and call it a day. The only problem is is that after nearly 5000 miles it's nowhere near getting worn. Then I remembered my experience with touring tires and that they all go well over 20000 miles on 1000 lb baggers....... It got me thinking I may be stuck with this tire for a while. So ...… instead of going the cafe route I'll make a u-turn and go the sport touring route....at least for the time being... so I installed a set of Hepco & Becker bags.
What was real nice about these bags is that the hardware was minimal…. and those big C looking mounts are all made of aluminum. I'm so used to installing Tusk bags or something where the hardware is steel and weighs 20 pounds and is super elaborate….. this was a breath of fresh air. Even the mount on the bags themselves are plastic. This whole set up is very light in comparison to other panniers. The only thing is one crossbar went underneath the sub frame…. no big deal but it took away about 1" of travel or so.
Unfortunately the bag rested on the exhaust so I had to redrill all the holes to get them up about 2 to 2 1/2 inches… as the instructions recommended. Also these were the smaller bags. They have a whole line of different bags but with my exhaust set up I was extremely limited on what I could do. Since I'm going to use a dry bag to go along with them I'm not sweating the storage. If anything the whole set up will allow me to securely mount a dry bag for longer trips.
For now I'm off to Amazon to see if I can't get a vinyl repair kit for the holes. I've got some hot tent camping trips coming up so we'll see how this whole set up works.