Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
o.k., anybody ever see/hear of a Moto Rumi?

well i have only ever seen one, and lust after it still.

here is your chance to own on for yourself......

we just secured one with a race pedigree for the 2010 Chadds Ford Classic Motorcycle Auction. This 1957 Moto Rumi 125 recorded (19) trophies in its period race career which included (11) first places. The first win was a grass track circuit with rider Arthur Terlizzi. Very rare, very fast, very loud!

here is a image from google showing the Rumi 125 (not the same bike in auction, however our's is just as clean):

many, many more bikes to be seen at our website: www.myclassicmotorcycle.com

if you have something that you would like to cosign, please contact me at: [email protected]

hope to see some of you there.

cheers,

tex

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
consignments listed link (so far) with pictures:

http://www.myclassicmotorcycle.com/index_files/Page1078.htm

my personal favorites so far are the RD350 race conversion, the rickman KZ900 project, the moto rumi, and the gene romero triumph flattracker. the 1910 HD is pretty cool too, but i'm still only luke warm to the turn of the century motorcycles.

texy

·
Registered
5,780 Posts
Texy,
If I buy the Rumi, can you deliver to Beertopia?

Ken

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes. absolutely, positively, 100% NO PROBLEM.

i will however, store it in my 2nd story bedroom until then so i can tuck it in every night before bed.

and i will tell it stories and sing it lullabies too.

texy

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and we have a phone bank to handle your "action" in case you can't make it.

tex

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
o.k., really neat bikes this year! ex-castro triumph flattracker.....ex-nixon flat tracker added.

today at 11:00am.

cheers,

tex

·
Registered
478 Posts
that rumi is wicked, and those pipes :)

let us know how much she goes for please

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
quote:let us know how much she goes for please
$19.5K. The low end of the estimate. But it did find a new home. As did most of the lots. Some relative bargains were had, but overall I felt that sales and prices were much stronger then last year. Good news as far as I'm concerned, read into it what one will.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
quote:let us know how much she goes for please
$19.5K. The low end of the estimate. But it did find a new home. As did most of the lots. Some relative bargains were had, but overall I felt that sales and prices were much stronger then last year. Good news as far as I'm concerned, read into it what one will.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
The Rickman?

$1100.00. A total project. Missing some bits, carbs, etc. But came with a spare motor. I assume it came with a title, as bikes with bills of sale only were announced. Hell, wouldn't a titled Rickman frame be worth a grand?

A couple nicely presented, and well maintained Commandos went for $4500 each. Not a fire sale bargain, but very nicely bought, IMO.

A 500cc Triumph in boxes and bits, but with at least the big stuff present, went for $300.00. Bill of sale only, though, if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
The Rickman?

$1100.00. A total project. Missing some bits, carbs, etc. But came with a spare motor. I assume it came with a title, as bikes with bills of sale only were announced. Hell, wouldn't a titled Rickman frame be worth a grand?

A couple nicely presented, and well maintained Commandos went for $4500 each. Not a fire sale bargain, but very nicely bought, IMO.

A 500cc Triumph in boxes and bits, but with at least the big stuff present, went for $300.00. Bill of sale only, though, if I recall correctly.

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the triumph project sold for $300, then sold in the parking lot for $200. guy realized that he bid on a project without looking at the lot carefully first and it didn't have a bottom end. he was actually pretty o.k. with the whole mess as he said it was his fault for bidding without verifying at the preview first.

benelli barracuda (early roundcase) $800

lots of xr75 hondas (3) that all went for $350-$500

the STEAL of the day was the 1989 CR Honda with less than 10 hours that sold for $1000 (IMHO).

rosko, sorry bro, but i posted it here and expected people to help creat some buzz about it. with the exception of you coming last year, i don't think that any NYCvinMoto peeps have ever shown up....at least none came up to me and said, "oh, you're tex mawby."

no slight intended.....i'm just UBER busy working for REV'IT! right now. last tuesday i drove to detroit from philly, spent two days there, drove to cleveland, then pittsburgh, then home by friday night at 11:30pm. up and in the truck saturday for an open house in rochelle park, jerz all day.....home by 6:30pm, then up by 8am on sunday to work the auction.

my schedule has been like this for the past couple weeks....but at least i am seeing some POSITIVE results.

cheers,

tex

·
Administrator
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the triumph project sold for $300, then sold in the parking lot for $200. guy realized that he bid on a project without looking at the lot carefully first and it didn't have a bottom end. he was actually pretty o.k. with the whole mess as he said it was his fault for bidding without verifying at the preview first.

benelli barracuda (early roundcase) $800

lots of xr75 hondas (3) that all went for $350-$500

the STEAL of the day was the 1989 CR Honda with less than 10 hours that sold for $1000 (IMHO).

rosko, sorry bro, but i posted it here and expected people to help creat some buzz about it. with the exception of you coming last year, i don't think that any NYCvinMoto peeps have ever shown up....at least none came up to me and said, "oh, you're tex mawby."

no slight intended.....i'm just UBER busy working for REV'IT! right now. last tuesday i drove to detroit from philly, spent two days there, drove to cleveland, then pittsburgh, then home by friday night at 11:30pm. up and in the truck saturday for an open house in rochelle park, jerz all day.....home by 6:30pm, then up by 8am on sunday to work the auction.

my schedule has been like this for the past couple weeks....but at least i am seeing some POSITIVE results.

cheers,

tex

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I wanted to make it, but I got tapped to work on Sunday and that killed all my plans. I decided to go instead to the Englishtown swap meet on friday and looked at a complete basket case %00cc triumph chopper for $300 (had been in a fire - the carb was melted), a 78 CB750F in mint condition for $700, and several small 70's hondas in various states all for less then $500 a piece.

My score this weekend was a cb350 big bore kit with supposedly ported heads, cam, and a lot of spares, for $150 from this really old crazy dude (guy was 5' even and over 60 and a martial arts instructor). I resold this to Erik for what I paid just to be a nice guy.

Tex, you lied to me. I was all over ebay on sunday and there was no mention of the chadds ford auction or anything following on the bay. I am sure I would have tossed in at least one bid on the rickman but no, there was no bidding to be had.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts