Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to convert my cbr125 to a cafe racer and put in a bigger engine for example I want to use a 250cc or even 300cc if possible.
I need advice if it's possible and worth while?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
While almost anything is possible given the skills and funds it sounds like a project with no advantages. If you want more horsepower by a bigger horse.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Is it a CBR125R? or just a CB125?
& What model year? oops :sneaky: 2014, says so right in the title
In 2011 the CBR125R was upgraded considerably.

;) you're not just trying to circumvent legal power restrictions are you?

·
Registered
790 Posts
the frame and fuel tank shapes are nothing like what you would find in a classic cafe racer. try to draw what you think you want over a cbr125r and then go and buy something that is more suited to the picture you want.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
While almost anything is possible given the skills and funds it sounds like a project with no advantages. If you want more horsepower by a bigger horse.
It is mainly for a project bike the engine is screwed so I got a new bike and want to build my own build really.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
It looks like it's all ABS plastic which is easy to work with as long as you can sand, are reasonably coordinated and have a decent amount of patience. I'd find another 125 engine. Cut and reshape the fairing in a semi naked look, paint it. Change the headlight, bars, reset the gauge package, tidy the tail and then sell it to the next beginner.

Having written that you should know I've never actually looked at one before. in the picture you posted it looks like the black area of the fairing should be left, it's vertical line followed to the tank. Forward of there is bent or trimmed to shape across the front of the engine behind the forks.

·
Registered
5,986 Posts
Dude, that's a nice bike, I would like one. post 2011 CBR125R is sweet and yes, putting a Honda Montesa 250, 260 or 300 engine in that would be a hoot. But :| can you afford a complete Montesa donor bike? A Montesa is a 10,000$ motorcycle here and a trashed older one would still be worth about the price of your bike new.

Look for anyone selling a running Montesa 4RT that you can afford, lol if the cafe race is a bomb you can at least ride the trials bike (y) yep that's exactly what I would do
disclaimer: but don't listen to me because I'm crazy.
and I'll get you in trouble with your mom.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts